A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Prayers

Hi friends!

I can not tell you how happy I am that my Crazy week is almost over!! At work today we started talking about our retreat that we are going on Sunday-Tuesday in Ojai and I got super excited. I seriously have some amazing perks to my job! We are actually hiring a head chef if you are interested :).

We had staff lunch today which is FREE, another great perk!

I made a nice chicken salad

blog 202

and had two kinds of soup, a little Enchilada soup and a little Potato Soup!

blog 203

For dessert I had some blue Jello Goodness! Not a huge fan of Jello but this one wasn’t too bad, I like fruit in my Jello :).

blog 204

This morning I had the best Honest Food Bar, Almond Trail Mix!

blog 200

I loved this flavor, the Almonds just took over my taste buds (in a good way). This was the perfect 200 calorie snack.

SOME PRAYER NEEDED

Today I want to ask for some Prayer for my family. If you have been reading my blog for a while you might remember the passing of my Uncle this time last year. My Uncle was very young (36(, and his death was very sudden. He left behind a wife, son(9), daughter (13). I ask that you pray for my Aunt and Cousins as they still are grieving for their amazing husband and father. Thank you friends.

May the road rise up to meet you.

May the wind always be at your back.

May the sun shine warm upon your face,and rains fall soft upon your fields.

And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

13 comments:

Food Makes Fun Fuel said...

That's so sad about your uncle. That age is far too young to leave this world. I hope his family can stay strong.

Unknown said...

I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

Kim said...

Saying a prayer for your Aunt & cousins. What a rough year it has been for them.

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry about your uncle... your family is definitely in my prayers.

that salad looks awesome

xoxo
shelley

teacherwoman said...

Prayers to you and your family.

Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion said...

I will be adding your family to my prayers tonight, I can't imagine how they feel.

Stasa said...

Hello, I'm a new follower of your wonderful blog. I am so sorry to hear about your uncle and will keep you and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

http://simplenbalancedliving.blogspot.com/

~M~ said...

I'll keep your family in my T+P!

Lauren said...

You do have a fantastic job and if I lived anywhere close to CA, I would definitely consider that chef position! :)

You and your family are espcially in my prayers this week. May you be comforted in knowing that your uncle lives with you in spirit. I hope that you are surrounded by overwhelming love this time of year.
Love you girl!

Jenn (eating bender) said...

My thoughts are with you and your family.

A Toronto girl out West said...

I will pray for your family Bobbi. God can work miracles - He can even mend broken hearts! :o)

Anonymous said...

good job girl for perservering through your hard week!! def be praying for your uncle.. the Lord is in control

Anonymous said...

nice post. thanks.