Friday, April 3, 2009
I am Breaking Up With Boboli
Tonight I made my first homemade whole wheat honey pizza crust. It’s about time!! Hubby and I are always looking for the perfect pizza crust to eat on our Friday Pizza Night. We have tried a lot too, TJ’s, Costco’s, and even Boboli’s.
Whole Wheat and Honey Pizza Dough
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey ( I used Agave Nectar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine flour, wheat germ and salt. Make a well in the middle and add honey and yeast mixture. Stir well to combine. Cover and set in a warm place to rise for a few minutes.
- Roll dough on a floured pizza pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for 5 to 10 minutes, or until desired crispiness is achieved.
Well it looks like pizza crust, so I was hopeful!!
- sliced bell pepper
- sliced tomato
- leftover asparagus from last night
- goat cheese
- baby spinach
- roasted red peppers
As always we made a His and Her Pizza:) Hubby’s had some light TJ’s mixed cheese, and salami.
So glad I put the asparagus on their it was a nice crunch, and I think this is the “Greenest” my pizza has ever been. WE LOVED the crust too, we usually have thin crust and this was much thicker, but not bad. I loved the texture and taste much better then all the others we have ever tried. I think that next time I will roll out the dough a little thinner to see if I can make a thin crust pizza with it. Overall, it was cheap and will have to break up with all the others, sorry Boboli.
I made a HUGE salad to enjoy on the side.
I am hoping this dinner has given me all the fuel I will need for tomorrow’s last 20 mile run!! Can’t wait to start TAPERING!!!
I have a 3:30am wake up call, so need to go to bed right now!!! Tomorrow is going to be very productive, at least that’s what I am planning on:)
- 4:30 20 mile run
- Fun Breakfast
- Hubby and I are planting our vegetable garden
- Clean Office
- Blogger Stuff
- Costco Run
- Review of My New Book!!!
- Prep Meals for Next Week
Here is a sneak-peak of what we are planting tomorrow. Check out Hubby’s hot calf's in the back!!!
*Don’t FORGET to enter the NHERSHOES Danskin giveaway!!!