A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Another His and Her Dinner

OOOO my goodness for some reason Windows live shut down right when I was about to publish! That is so not cool. I will do my best to re-write the post, I am sure it won’t be as good as the first, o well.

Sat at the Doctors office for two hours today, to find out that I have laryngitis and a sinus infection. I told her that I was training for a marathon and asked if it was ok to run, she said to take it off today but then after that it should be fine. YEAH! I will take it easy though, mom. I couldn’t go into work because the doctor said I should not talk for the next 24 hours, I am sure my students would have loved that!

It was nice being home to prepare dinner, I also got a lot of random things done around the house too. My inspiration for dinner came from two things, one the SUN being out, and two these beauties that I just got in the mail, THANKS AL!

1 I have been seeing Country Bobs all over the blogworld, and was so excited to try them tonight. The sun was an inspiration because I haven’t seen it in a while, and it made me think of GRILLING!!! Well inside anyway.

I made another His and Her meal tonight. Black Bean burgers for her, and Turkey Burgers for him.

4

Her Homemade Black Bean Veggie Burgers

INGREDIENTS

  • 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1/2 green bell pepper, or whatever you have on hand cut into 2 inch pieces
  • 1/2 onion, cut into wedges
  • 3 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a medium bowl, mash black beans with a fork until thick and pasty.
  2. Stir together finely chopped bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Then stir into mashed beans.
  3. In a small bowl, stir together egg, chili powder, and pepper.
  4. Stir the egg mixture into the mashed beans. Mix in bread crumbs until the mixture is sticky and holds together. Divide mixture into four patties. ( I am going to have yummy leftovers)

For him Rachel Ray’s Actually Delicious Turkey Burgers

I also made his and her fries. I used this video to make them, wow what a great recipe.

3photo9

Hers: A bun less black bean veggie burgers, a mixed green salad, sweet potato fries, and I topped my patties with avocado and tomatoes.  Of course I had some Country Bobs for dipping on the side! I have to say that this BBQ sauce is the perfect mixture of spicy and sweet, I am not big on HOT things so I loved it, I can’t wait to try it on other things.

2

His: Two open faced medium turkey burgers with light cheese, and his baked fries. I forgot to give him some greens!!!

8

It was hard not to snack today just for the sake of snacking, being at home on my first day of Lent was hard, but I didn’t give in. Can’t wait to share with you all my lunch tomorrow!

Ok I am kinda of confused, is biggest loser on two times this week! I am watching it right now, but I am LOST!!! Isn’t it normally on Tuesdays, they have switched trainers, there weighing in as a team??? WHAT! I am confused. Someone fill me in?!  Can I just say that I love BOB!

Alright I am feeling good, just still no voice, but plan on hitting the gym at 6am tomorrow for my speed workout!

P.S.Oh by the way is there anyone in southern California that would like to run a long with me this weekend???? I am so missing having running buddies!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wished I lived near you, I need a running buddy too! The burgers look great!

Mica said...

Lady, I *wish* I could keep up with you on your 20-miler. I'd love to come to sunny SoCal and run with you!
I hope you feel better soon, dear! Hopefully, Country Bob's Sauce is secretly a cure-all.

Selba said...

Yummm... the Black Bean Veggie Burgers looks yummy!

Pearl said...

i <3 your his & her eats!

Anonymous said...

This was such a cute post! I love the his & hers fries.

Anonymous said...

Those bean burgers look so good! Thanks for the recipe, i'm definitely going to try them!

Unknown said...

I'm thinking you probably figured out the Biggest Loser thing...it was on for an hour Tuesday(8-9)and then the president gave a speech at 9 that NBC aired. So they finished the second hour on Wed. I love Bob too! :)

Brian said...

Re writing posts happens to me too often, hah. Hope you feel better. no talking!!

I think the blue team made a HUGE mistake sending Dane home last night, ugh.

teacherwoman said...

That looks yummy!

Denise said...

Bean burger looks great, I have to try that one!!

Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

Yum!

No Longer Using said...

i wannnnnnna run long with you *tear*

:)

it's official-- i'm volunteering at boston!! i find out next week my assignment :)

those dinners are priceless, i love the his and hers, clearly all heart went into that (you are a carla cook-- do you watch top chef?) mmmmm i would have YOUR dinner! :)

Fit Mommy said...

sorry girl, it's bike racing season! you should call Katie!!

Meghann said...

I would run with you, but I'm all the way on the other end of the country :(

I hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Your dinner is making my tummy growl right now! :)

Sorry about being sick - I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Hey you! I keep running into you everywhere now...lol! I'm actually looking into running (that's how I found you on here (Redlands Renegades)). I've been on a diet since October and I'm stuck so I decided that running might be my next answer. Right now I'm spinning, working out at the gym, and part-time kickboxing. I used to go to Ultimate Kickboxing, but I need to fix my back before I can go back. My hubby occassionally goes there through training ground and noticed your pic(small world). Sorry to hear about school, hope youre feeling better. If you ever need a running partner or wouldn't mind me joining you and your group let me know (if you don't mind a beginner). I think I might join Loma Linda's Loper club in July so I can start Marathon training!! It would be such n accomplishment! TTYS!!

Aron said...

YUM those look delicious!!! i am going to have to try them out :)

hope the lent is going well!!!

wish you were in nor-cal (thats where i am, bay area)... it would be so fun to run together!

Erin, Consider It Joy blog said...

Do you cook your veggie bugers in the skillet or grill? How do you know when they are finished? I LOVE your blog by the way. I am still trapped in Memphis, but hope to get out soon:)