A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

One More Week

I can’t believe that this time next week I will be in Tennessee! Yep, that’s right Hubby and I are going back to his home land to celebrate Thanksgiving with his family. If you didn’t know, Hubby is from Memphis TN and I went to college there so that is how we met. It’s a cute story of West meets South!

image

While we are in Tennessee we will be traveling a lot. Were starting out in Nashville and then on to Memphis and Mississippi. I am super excited to see my SIL, MIL, and FIL. We haven’t seen Hubby’s family in a YEAR! It will be nice to slow down a bit too. You know me, I am always go go go!

image

I just found out from Michelle, my SIL that Franklin TN is having a Habitrot on Thanksgiving. It’s to raise money for Habitat for Humanity. I am so excited because I have never done a run on Thanksgiving, and I think it will be a perfect way to start out the day. Do I have any readers out there that live near Franklin TN???

I am also going to be meeting a few bloggers while I am out there as well!! I love meeting bloggers we always have great times together and never run out of things to talk about. Any readers/bloggers out in TN want to meet up, please email me!!!

Surprisingly my long list of things to do this week is not killing me. I have actually been taking one thing at a time and it has really helped!!

  • Monday-AD Meeting for Fall Sports Awards
  • Tuesday-Winter Sports Meeting+ Truth Project 
  • Wednesday Teach Kickboxing+ Have Coffee with a friend

Have a great day friends and remember to give at least two people a hug today and tell them how much you love them!!!

9 comments:

Food Makes Fun Fuel said...

I hope tennessee is awesome, it sure sounds fun!
I would love to go there, or just anywhere not cold right about now!

Kelly said...

Hope you have a safe trip and great weather! Memphis is pretty gloomy right now. Love your blog!

Jeannie said...

This is so funny, because i just started following your blog like a week ago. :) I live about 15 minutes away from Franklin! Have fun at Habitrot!

Anonymous said...

you look tooo cute in that picture girl! havea great tripp

xoxo
shelley

Jenna said...

So fun that you get to have a bloggie meet up!

I've never been to Tennessee, but I hear it is beautiful.

Katie said...

Have a safe trip. Hoping its not raining for your visit. That is what it does in the Midwest you know!

Anonymous said...

Have a great and relaxing trip! It's always great to spend some time with family.

Donna Porter said...

I am so jealous!! I'm from Memphis..but because my husband is active duty, I'm stuck in California :( I MISS the South like CRAZY!!!

Amelia said...

I just caught up on your posts and saw that you're coming to Memphis! How cool! I'm home in Memphis for the holidays, so maybe I'll run into you around town. Doing anything fun while you're here?