A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Layovers & a Flirt!

This morning went so fast! I decided on an hour kickboxing class instead of cycling, I am going to be sitting on a plane all day and I didn’t want to risk my bum being sore! When I got home I made my last bowl of cranberry oats for a while, sad day.

Breakfast Combo:

½ c oats
1 c of unsweetened almond milk
Dash of cinnamon
Dash of nutmeg
2 tablespoons of Hemp Seed
¼ c homemade cranberry sauce
Spoonful of apple butter
Drizzle of agave nectar
A little bit of blueberry granola plank



Before I headed to the gym I had a slice of whole wheat toast with Barneys butter and honey, it gave me the energy I needed to get through my class.

BOSCO SAYS GOODBYE FOR A WEEK

This was hard and even Bosco shed a tear.

It's ok Bosco Grandma and Grandpa will take good care of you!

CAMELBACK WATER BOTTLE

I have already put my new Camelback water bottle to the test, it works great! I love that it has a straw so clumsy me doesn’t spill all over misled. Look it fits perfect in my bag too!

POTM WINNERS you are going to love this!

HOMEALONE LIKE


When I got done with breakfast I was running around frantically trying to get everything together for my trip. I Miss my hubby, he so good at getting everything taken care for the house before we leave on trips. Don’t get me wrong I am fully capable of taking care of things; it’s just nice to have his support! After loading all the bags in the car, and getting Bosco stuff together to head to his grandparents house it was 11:40 and my plane was leaving at 12:55...needless to say I was stressing. I made it to the airport fine, thanks to my Step Dad Richard, thanks RICH! I thought I was going to have to chase after the plane like the movie HOMEALONE! Got on the plane, and even had a few minutes to spare, and this is where a funny little story comes in.

I GOT HIT ON

As I was going through the security gate this nice gentleman (so I thought at the time) decided to HIT on me. He first gave the line “I think I know you from somewhere” and as SWEET as I am I said “really where are you from” he said, “around”. Ok now I was catching on. He then proceeded to speak and said, “You’re a teacher aren’t you” WHAT man how did he know is he a profiler! Lol…being the nice person that I am I said yes and then hoped he would just go away oooo but no he continued to flirt with me. “ If you’re a teacher maybe you can teach me a thing or tow” DUDE do you not see the giant ROCK on my left finger…I laughed and quietly got the heck out of DODGE.

LAYOVER IN VEGAS

Now I am sitting in Las Vegas waiting to board my plane to Nashville and thought I would give you all my plan for working out this week(this is more for me because I need the accountability).

Sunday: REST
Monday: Run 5 miles easy, go to my old AKB class
Tuesday: Run 5 miles 2 miles at Tempo, yoga in the AM
Wednesday: Run 7 miles 3 miles at tempo, go to old AKB class
Thursday morning: I AM RUNNING 10 miles at least, I was going to do a 5k Turkey Trot but I need to run more then 3 miles.
Friday: headed back home, walk in the evening with Bosco and Hubby
Saturday: Spin Class and weights
Sunday: AKB at night

I know this seems like a lot but with more time and more food comes more working out!!! I ate the second half of my Apple Chicken Pumpadilla on the plane, mmmm…just as good as last night.

CHALLENGE

Attention all runners, I would like to keep us all motivated for a run on Thanksgiving morning, So here’s the deal, comment to me before Thanksgiving on what your plans are for running Thanksgiving morning and then the night before Thanksgiving I will post everyone’s running goals to pump everyone up!!! What do you think are you in?

Alright I am off to catch my plane. See you back tonight with all the weather and food updates from the South….

P.S it was 87 degrees today in So CAL I felt kinda funny wearing long sleeves and a scarf in the airport!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great time!!!

No Longer Using said...

Bobbi, I am in of course! Just leave a comment the day before Thanksgiving?? You're the best pumper-upper EVER, seriously! Have you ever thought of being the next Bob-Jillian?! :) I'm sure you're a pretty kick-@$$ teacher, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the in'laws!

Yay for running 10 miles on Thanksgiving. Now I can't back cause I know you're doing it too :)

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

hahaha guys dont care if you are married!! LOL

Fitnessista said...

i came to west coast all bundled up too and it's COOKING out here! i love it!
hilarious that guy blatantly hit on you like that-- i think it's so funny when they don't notice (or just ignore) a ring
hope you have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

my gosh I cannot believe he was flirting like that!
I am definitely just running this next week...will just try to squeeze in whatever distance I can in there!
Have an amazing time!

Samantha said...

I am definitely planning a run on Thanksgiving - mileage TBD - it might be raining but I am willing to tough it out for the Challenge.

RunToTheFinish said...

So before my knee injury in July I was at 50 mpw and feeling all awesome lately to be back to 26 running and 20 walking..I started reading some of the other challengers though and I don't think my mileage is going to cut it! I'm either going to have to run like 50 on Thanksgiving to win...

HangryPants said...

haha - it's always nice to get hit on. i guess.

Yes, I am in for Thanksgiving. I can't run 10 miles though. How about 5?

Anonymous said...

What kind of puppers is Bosco? He's just too cute!!

Oh man how lame was the dude who hit on you? LOL Seriously, "I bet you could teach me a thing or two." Dang dude, seriously?

I'm in for Thanksgiving day! I think I mentioned that to you before. I'm for shizzle running that morning.

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Not sure what my running plans are yet. We are headed to RI and I hope to meet up with some old friends for a long run.

Anonymous said...

definitely planning on running this week. hopefully 4 mi. on monday, 5 mi. on tuesday, 4 on wednesday & 5 on thursday... and we'll see how the weekend goes!

Trying To Heal said...

hahahaha...that hit on incident is toooo funny!

my plans for t-day morning is running a 10k turkey trot by the marina! i'm way pumped and excited! can't wait to see what everyone else is doing!

Anonymous said...

Too funny - "I bet you could teach me a thing or two" Super cheesey!! I hope that doesn't actually work on people.

I am definitely planning on running on Turkey Day!! I was going to do a 10K Turkey Trot, but it starts at 7:30am so that's a no-go. Nobody wanted to go watch me or run with me and I hate going all by my lonesome. I'm piling it on... 42.39 miles so far!!