A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Friday, November 21, 2008

POTM Update & BSI Submission

Wow what a day, so glad it is slowly coming to an end.

SCHOOL THANKSGIVING FEAST

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving feast at school. There was vegetable soup, corn chowder, and cornbread. Last year I ate too much corn chowder and got sick so this year I stuck to the vegetable soup and had small sample corn chowder.




PROBAR #2 Apple Cinnamon Crunch

Hubby left for Nashville today. I sent him off with some treats, including an Apple Cinnamon PROBAR. Here is hubby’s review all the way from Nashville:


“It didn't taste like apple cinnamon, it tasted like cherry-something.Texture was good but still couldn't get over the cherry-ish flavor bar was big,so that was nice. But with the grams of fat being so high, I would have rather had a good-ol' Snicker bar which tastes exactly what a Snicker bar should tastelike.”

That is one thing I need to research, because I feel like there is A LOT of fat in these bars?

CHRISTMAS PLAYLIST

After work I had a bunch of errands to run before I take off tomorrow. When I finally got home, I blasted my Hairy Conick Jr. Home for the Holidays CD, and got to work on my BSI recipe. Because I am a big lover of Christmas music, I thought I would give you some of my best Christmas CD’s that I think everyone should own.

Amy Grant Home for Christmas
Unexpected Gifts 12 New Sounds of Christmas
Celine Dion These are the Special Times
Chris Rice The Living Room Sessions
Clay Aiken Christmas Album
Christmas with the Rat Pack (my all time fave)
Kenny G Miracles
LeeAnn Womack Season of Romance
Mariah Carey Merry Christmas
Tran-Siberian Orchestra
Chicago Christmas Album
Michel Buble Let it Snow

What are your favorite Christmas CD’s?

BSI SUBMISSION

Thanks Lindsay for selecting Pumpkin for this week’s BSI . Well I love pumpkin, but hate pumpkin pie, I know it’s weird. I wanted to come up with something original and creative. It was hard because I felt like everyone else has already done everything I was trying to come up with. I like to use everything I already have on hand, so with out further ado here it is:

Chicken and Apple Pumpadillas ( yes a pumpkin quesadilla)

Ingredients:

1 chicken breast
Salt
Pepper
Dash of Chili powder
Dash of Cinnamon
¼ cup black beans
¼ cup sour cream
½ cup of pumpkin puree
¼ cup of shredded cheese
2 8inch whole wheat tortillas
1 sliced small apple

Preparation:

1,Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.

2. Coat a larger nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set it over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper on chicken. Cook chicken breast on both sides for about 5 minute on each side.

3.In a small bowl mash the beans, sour cream, chili powder, and cinnamon. In another bowl stir together pumpkin and cheese.


4.Spread the bean mixture on one of the tortillas, and the pumpkin mixture on the other. Then arrange the chicken and sliced apple on top of the bean mixture and then put the other on top to form a sandwich. Place on the baking sheet and bake until the tortillas are crisp, 5-6 minutes. Cut in to wedges and enjoy!!!

I know it looks weird but the cinnamon and chili pepper were a perfect match and so was the pumpkin and cheese!



OOO this was by far the best BSI meal I have come up with!!! I thought I would need salsa but not need!

PILE ON THE MILES SNEAK PEEK AND UPDATE

Ok so today after I finished my BSI recipe I stepped outside and found a very nice SURPRISE!!!! Thank you CAMELBACK!!!! I am so excited about all that they sent me, in support of the POTM. I will be doing a review on these bottles soon, and hosting a giveaway so keep your eyes peeled.



I have decided to offer a second and third place to the challenge as well. I think that this will give you all more of a push to run hard this last week!!!!! SO keep POTM! There are so many other great things I can’t wait to giveaway.

LEAVING ON A JET PLANE

I love plane rides and road trips. For me it’s a time to catch up on the things I NEVER have a lot of time to do. Read fiction novels, knit, sleep, and chill. Here are a few must haves in the bag:

I pod, New book Nicholas Sparks at First Site (have never read his stuff), scarf I am working on, and a few good magazines, Women’s Health and Running World.



What are some things you like to have with you on a road trip?

Alright it’s 10pm and I still HAVEN’T packed, hubby tells me it’s in the 30’s in TN, so I NEED to pack heavy. I don’t know what I am going to bring as far as running clothing because I HAVE NO WARM running gear! I will have to just layer it up. Have to get to bed at a somewhat decent hour I have spinning and weights in the morning. Good night Ya’ll, O' no hear comes the South out in me…lol….

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need my reading material too! That is so cool that you know how to knit, my sister and I have been saying we'd like to learn how to knit for the past month or so!
Your BSI entry looks.sooooooo.good!

Anonymous said...

booksbooksbooks for me as well. and, now, toystoys for the Toddler Tornado.

and the music? can I vote for adam sandlers hanukkah song? :)

HangryPants said...

Well this definitely motivated me to pile more miles!

\When I had the probars, I ate them broken up as snacks instead of all at once as a meal. I will be curious what you find out about them. I realy like the banana one. :D

When I travel I need things to read and music to listen to.

Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

Awesome BSI entry! Looks delish! I'll definitely have to make it one day!

I think everyone should own the 98 Degrees Christmas CD. Seriously! It's awesome!! Their version of O Holy Night is gorgeous!

I love all books by Nicholas Sparks! Especially The Notebook!

Have a great day!

RunToTheFinish said...

welll crud here I am debating this mornings long run in the 18 degree wind chill and then you post that... time to get dressed!

Anonymous said...

Oooo that BSI looks amazing!! Layering is the best way to go, except for on your feet, don't layer that. LOL

I actually have one of those bottles! Aside from the icky plastic they are awesome bottles. I attached a C clip to it and can hook it to bags that don't have a water bottle pocket.

No Longer Using said...

WOW so much going on here. first of all i DEF want to recreate that pumpkin recipe, OMG it looks amazing and i never would have thought of that!!! SO COOL about the package from camelbak!!!!!!! and AHHHHH my hamstrings are tighter than they've ever been cuz i'm running so much more than usual, but i'm REALLY excited about this, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's like a collective-group challenge, but then you take it on personally to see what YOUR mile-pile can look like compared to what it usually is. this is also a great jumpstart toward marathon training, which is my greatest goal right now!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading about this challenge on other blogs. I need to go to your older pages and figure out what it is. Sounds like fun.

Mica said...

THANK YOU for the Christmas play list. I was just at B&N thinking, "I wish I had recommendations for Christmas music so I don't buy something terrible."

Also, is it too late for my to join the POtM challenge? I've been debating for awhile, but I've been consistent with my running and love the extra motivation to get through next week!

Have a great trip! I'm going to bring some crocheting materials with me, so we can make yarn-things together in spirit!

Trying To Heal said...

ohhhh....second and third prize!! that's exciting! yay for camelback!!

and i loveeeeeeers all of amy grant's christmas cd's...i'm also a sucker for the nsync and 98 degrees christmas cd's too! haha!

have a safe trip!!

Anonymous said...

SWEET camelback! I just started a blog, love yours, AND your a fellow CA girl! Have a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

i think mariah carey merry christmas was the first cd i ever owned and i still have it :)

Pearl said...

hi there! my name is pearl and i came across your blog by random - so glad i did! i love the pictures and your recipes - and also your shoes. hehe.

hopefully we can keep in touch.
i have sirius radio - and right after thanksgiving, they dedicate one station to play ONLY christmas music. it's nice to hear different versions of beautiful songs, and there's no cd changin' involved!
hope to read more from you and get to know you better :)

pearl