Monday, November 2, 2009
My First Year of Coaching
Today I reflect on my first coaching season. It came and went too fast! I know that I was hired late, so it was shorter then the average cross country season but it still flew by!! I learned so much throughout the season…
- High School Cross Country Runners are a lot different then Marathon Runners.
- As a Coach you have to Earn RESPECT
- Building a TEAM isn’t easy, but well worth it.
- Not all Teenagers are as responsible as you would hope.
- I am not just a running coach, but a life coach too.
- Must mix it up, kids get bored easily.
- Must SET GOALS!
- Encouragement is KEY, no matter if it’s to your number one runner or to the last one in.
- Consequences for missing practice has to happen!
- Empowering young minds to be self confident is an amazing feeling!
I had a lot of fun Coaching my first season, and I hope to be even better next year!
This morning I woke up and did a nice quite time with my journal and Bible and started off my month/week the RIGHT way. I then did a little Yoga, and it felt great! I also managed to make one of Gina’s amazing Breakfast Cookies, it’s been too long!
- 1/2 c oats
- pinch of Pumpkin Spice
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- nut butter
- Splash of Soy Milk
- Pumpkin Butter
It’s going to be a super busy week at work, I have a Couples Retreat that Hubby and I are not only attending but I am registering as well. I am going to remember to take one step at a time and BREATHE!
When you know you have a busy week ahead how do you prepare yourself?