A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

TacOberfest 2009

TacoOberfest was a BIG hit, and a ton of fun!

bobbi 091

The Host and Hostess

bobbi 093

My brother came over and helped me cook in the kitchen, I was running around like a mad women :).

bobbi 049

We had a beautiful Taco Bar which is the easiest way to have a dinner party! 

bobbi 056

Toppings; lettuce tomatoes, and grilled peppers.

bobbi 057

Meat 

bobbi 058

Black Beans and Salsa 

bobbi 059

Soft Taco’s(inside the bin) and hard Gluten Free Taco Shells. 

bobbi 060

I grilled up some Halibut for us non-red meat eaters. 

bobbi 051

Sam Adam’s Octoberfest! 

bobbi 050

Apple Cider with cinnamon and oranges. 

bobbi 053

And Baby Moses, who I think needs to be in commercials!!! Cutest baby ever! 

bobbi 054

Friends loading up at the bar. 

bobbi 062

I loaded up on my baby holding time :) 

bobbi 063

I made one amazing TACO, fish+veggies+avocado+salsa! 

bobbi 066

And Yes I had a cold one, only comes out once a year!

bobbi 067

After we all stuffed our faces we played some Wii Sport….bowling first 

bobbi 082

I WON! 

bobbi 084

bobbi 073

then on to Tennis! 

bobbi 087

Then the band came and rocked out…well Rock Band that is! 

bobbi 090

I have never laughed so much in my life!

bobbi 095 

The Girl Band.

bobbi 097 

Time for dessert. I decided to make super easy Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Muffins. 1 box of yellow cake mix+1/2 cup water+ 1 bag of mini chocolate chips, in the over at 350 for 17-20 minutes!

bobbi 075

A HUGE hit! 

bobbi 077

Plus Chocolate Banana Pumpkin Bread, which I almost didn’t get a picture of because it went soooo fast! 

bobbi 076 

Our TACOBERFEST went until after midnight and I could have stayed up longer!!

I love having people over, it seriously made my whole week. I know for some people throwing parties is such a hassle, but if you keep it casual and don’t worry about the details it is so worth it in the end!

Slept in late this morning :) Time to hit the gym, I have my long 15 mile run tomorrow so I will be just doing some weights and lot’s of stretching today. We also have a HALLOWEEN HAT PARTY, I need to find a crazy hat!!!

Any ideas???

Have a BEAUTIFUL SATURDAY!

11 comments:

Mary :: A Merry Life said...

Happy Halloween!

TacoOberfest looks like it was a lot of fun. The fish tacos look amazingly delicious! The hat party sounds like a cute idea but I've got no suggestions, sorry.

fusionjaz said...

What a BOO-tiful day! Funny hats; In-N-Out gives away those paper hats they wear at work free. Just ask at the drive thru! There's also Hobo's Vintage in Downtown Redlands that may have something funny?

http://www.myspace.com/hobosvintage



Diana said...

That sounds so much fun :)Glad you had a good time!

Anonymous said...

what a great party! i love the third picture of you "running around like a madwoman"

Food Makes Fun Fuel said...

Happy halloween! Halibut and wii tennis is where it's at

Jenna said...

looks like a fun party :)
jenna

Niki said...

Looks like such a fun party! Glad you had a great time :)

Anonymous said...

happy halloween :D
wow that looks like such a fun night & healthy too!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bobbi, new to the blog through POTM, and happy I found you! You guys look like you had a great night.

I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but that fish is not halibut. I worked in a fish market for 2 years and that is tilapia. I am not sure if it was mislabeled at the market or what happened, but halibut is a much more expensive fish and I wanted to make sure you were not getting ripped off! Again, please don't take this comment the wrong way, just trying to help a girl out.

Krista said...

Your Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Muffins look delish - but you don't seem to list any pumpkin in the ingredients?

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

oops Krista your right it supposed to have one can of pumpkin puree in there too!!! OOPS!