A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Friday, May 1, 2009

Let the Simple Life Begin!

Happy FRIDAY! Today is the first day of TSL! I am so excited that there are over 45 people who are joining me on this journey. I love being challenged, and I hope that this challenge will be something that I stick to and keep after the month of May.

I woke up early early this morning so I could get in a good workout. It is so weird not training for Boston, I feel like I need a new workout plan. I will still run, but I would love to be doing some type of body shaping plan, to get me motivated for the SUMMER! Any ideas???

I did Jillian's level 2 Shred DVD this morning, and she almost made me CRY! I forgot how intense here workouts are. It’s the perfect 20 minute workout, my next goal is to do 2 levels in one session.

photo1

I new exactly what I wanted for breakfast, a GREEN MONSTER! This one turned out more green then ever! I added mango and strawberries instead of blueberries today, but I couldn't taste the mango.

photo3

A Slice of Wheat Berry toast( it does have wheat in it oops) with Naturally More PB.

photo6

With a delightful DD Misto with Soy Creamer.

photo4

All Together NOW!

photo7

So wish I had a better camera!

I am riding my bike to the bus stop today to get TSL on it’s way!

SIMPLE LIFE CHALLENGE TIP #1:

Start a Garden and a Compost

Use natural fertilizers, such as compost, on your garden. Minimize your use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides.

I am going to start a compost in our backyard!

Landscape with native plants. Native vegetation needs less water and is less likely to require as much fertilizer and herbicide.

Place naturally pest-repellant plants, such as mint, garlic, chives and coriander, next to plants that are susceptible to pests.


Please Share your Simple Tips BELOW!!!!

Tonight I am going to the YMCA Circus, it’s a big deal in our town and half of my students are in it! It should be a great 3 hour show, I have to go straight there after work so I will be taking my dinner.

Today is the last day of my Birthday Giveaway, I will announce the winner Saturday morning!

HAVE A HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Did you get my comment the other day offering to do a guest post? My fiance would love to do one all about green houses/architecture tips.

RunToTheFinish said...

WE always toss our grass clippings and sticks behind the shed, but haven't officially made it a compost for all our fruits and veggie left overs. I can do that!!

Today I brought a cloth napkin and silverware to work for my lunchs, so I won't be using plastic

Nicole said...

Please do a post about your compost adventure... I've always wanted to start composting, but just have NO IDEA where to begin!

Madison said...

Have you considered P90X. I think it would be great for you considering you are in such good shape as is.

Jannae said...

I'm gona talk to my hubby about this challenge. I think we can do it...especially since I work from home..I can ride my bike around the block and come back and boom-rode my bike to work..right? Ha! jk! anyway-but really i think we're gona try to only eat out 1 day a week...

Anonymous said...

Do you mind listing our the steps you are following to start a compost pile? I keep wanting to start one but to be honest, I want to make it fairly simple and not very time consuming.

Happiness Awaits

Megan said...

Did you buy a compost bin or are you making one? We are getting that figured out right now!

Kelly said...

Although I am not formally taking on the challenge I've already began trying to cut down on my time in the car. I rollerbladed to my parents for dinner the other day (they were like- wait a sec, where is your car?) and I biked to the bank/library yesterday. I love this challenge! I'm wondering what you guys are doing who are biking to work- are you all hot and gross? I work at a school so we don't really have showers I can use...

http://redsoxcap.blogspot.com

No Longer Using said...

you ]could do skinny brides workouts with her!!! how is she doing? i'm curious what the new thing is you guys are trying!!! TGIF!!! :) happy may! i am SO late with your bday/congrats card :) keep an eye on your mailbox, tho! :)

jessica said...

I was worried about starting to compost last year, but as it turns out it's so easy I'm embarrassed we didn't start sooner -- go for it!

janetha said...

hey bobbi! so stoked on today and starting the challenge. i did have just a couple questions i wanted to see if you could answer..

1- is it a point for every day we brew our own coffee?

2- is it a point for every single time we swap out using reusuable items (tupperware, canvass bags, etc) instead of styrofoam, plastic, etc? or just a one time thing?

3- i am not planning to eat out.. but i was wondering.. if the situation arises where someone does have to eat out, or does just because, is there a point deduction system you have developed? like.. eating out= negative ten points?

thanks for the compost tips! we are starting a garden at our house this year (as soon as it stops *snowing*!) and a compost pile is a great idea.

Trying To Heal said...

yay for simple life! my dad composts, can i count his points? i used to help him when i was at home?! hehe!

Anonymous said...

I just love reading about your challenges bobbi. :) You're such an ambitious and spirited person!
I did the level 2 shred for the first time yesterday and HOLY CRAP! It was really hard! I had to modify some of the leg moves due to bad knees, but I still sweated by butt off!
I love composting! It yields such a nutrient dense "topping" for our lawn :)
I'm excited to see how it goes!

The Healthy Hostess said...

I am all about your challenge girl!! I started a cleaning green page on my blog and put the recipes for my solutions! Since I can't bike to work, I have to find other ways! Thanks so much!!

Matt said...

I'm sure you'll rock that challenge!

Run Sarah said...

So excited about the challenge! I have some garden stuff I need to get planting on my balcony :)

Unknown said...

The fact that Jillian could make me cry is why I would pick Bob to be my trainer!! LOL

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Awesome on the challenge!!
Your breakfast looks so good too!

Erin (Run, Bitch!) said...

Here's some motivation!! A new blog for workout tunes: www.bitchtunes.wordpress.com :)

(A shameless plug, but at least I admit it haha!)

Have a great day!

-Erin