A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Friday, March 6, 2009

She’s Dancing Like Cinderella

I wanted to share this beautiful song with you all, for the daughters and dad’s. I think this song is just BEAUTIFUL! Skinny Bride I think that you should use this!!! Please watch it will MAKE YOUR FRIDAY!

>>I see a lot of new readers here, WELCOME, thanks for reading!!!!

 

Happy FRIDAY friends! I am so excited that this week is over, because I have such an fun weekend planned. I slept in until 7am this morning, felt so nice. I did Morning Flow #1 with Dawnelle first thing form yogadownload.com. WOW what a session. This by far is the hardest session that I have done, lots of backbends. It was a lot faster in pace then any of downloads I have done. I think this weekend I will have to do a 45 minute session for sure! I can’t believe I have done 5 days of Yoga this week, man I am becoming an addict:)

MORNING EATS

Because I woke up so late, I decided to have a bowl of mix and match cereal.

The Loot: 1/2 c of Heart to Heart,Fiber One Shredded Wheat. and Kashi GoLean. With 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder(hopefully this will help with keeping me full!).

1

I added blueberries, and 1/2 a banana with a spoonful of Barney Butter!

3

With a cup of black coffee, with the King Himself! 

2

I have no run planned today because I have an 18miler tomorrow morning so I plan on being intentional about resting my body. How many rest days off do you give to yourself?

Weekend Plans

  • Friday Girls Night Out to PF Chains and Shopping.
  • Saturday 18 miler at 4am!
  • Saturday 10am Farmers Market
  • Saturday 11:30-2pm Women’s Luncheon
  • Saturday Grocery Shopping with Skinny Bride
  • Saturday Night Babysitting
  • Sunday Church& Teaching Kickboxing- most of the day will be cleaning and prepping for the week I am sure!

xoxoxo,

P.S. Make sure to get your comment in for some FREE BBQ SAUCE!!! Also Bella Eats is giving away a bottle too!!!

21 comments:

No Longer Using said...

we will both be running 18!!!!!!!!!! prolly around the same time, too, LOL...!!!!!! that song is so pretty!! thank you :) happy friday!

Mica said...

I usually give myself two days off a week, though today is not one of them! Enjoy yours!

Love your Elvis mug!

RunToTheFinish said...

I love that song!! I looked at it for my wedding too

good luck with the run this weekend!

Missy said...

love the breakfast today!! I still need to try Barney Butter! Good luck on your run!

Tyler said...

7 am is sleeping in??? that is super early for me!

your bowl of cereal looks great!! i love mixing cereals, too :)

Aron said...

4am?!?!?! YIKES!! You will be done before I start :)

sounds like an awesome weekend!

I usually take 2 days off of running... sometimes I try to do things on those days, sometimes I take the full day off (like yesterday!)

Anonymous said...

We are a Kashi family here! LOVE it! Good luck with the run...go strong like you always do! Enjoy the weekend! :)

Denise said...

4am!! I thought I was bad waking up at 5 on the weekends to get my long run in. That's even too early for me! Get some sleep tonight!

Oz Runner said...

love that SCC song...have a good run.

Sheena said...

The breakfast looks so yummy and so satisfying! And I have to agree with Tyler, 7 am is sleeping in? I mean I do usually wake up earlier than that, but when I allow myself to sleep in I don't get up until after noon.

Anyways, I make myself take one day off, tho there have been a few weeks where I have allowed myself two days off. Tomorrow is my rest day as well since I will be spending the whole day traveling.

Take care sweetie and have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a gorgeous day! I rest 1-2 days each week but I still take walks because otherwise I feel like I'm gonna lose it! I'm so glad you love yoga! Those backbends are killer!

Anonymous said...

My long run is Sunday! I can't wait!

I usually take a rest day every 10 days or so.

Trying To Heal said...

wow, what a bunch of plans for this weekend! you're is so much more exciting than mine! i gotta work!

good luck w/ the 18 miler! and have fun at the farmers market.

Fit Mommy said...

Have fun. Love Steven C. Chapman!

Unknown said...

woah, 18miles at 4am?? good luck!! and enjoy the farmers market for me... hopefully our snow will be melting :)

RunningLaur said...

Wow, 4 am?!? Good luck, and be careful in the dark!

Lauren said...

Love that song! Especially moving when you know the story behind it too. :(
Good luck on your crazy long run. I am going to try for a new PR tomorrow with a 7 miler.
I do have a question that I am hoping you may be able to help me with. I am in the market for a heart rate monitor and wanted to know your opinion on a standard but good one to start off with?
Thanks and wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Mrs. LC said...

Aw I danced to that song with my dad during the daddy-daughter dance at my wedding over the summer, and now I have it as my the ringtone for when my dad calls. :) :) LOVE that song and LOVE Steven Curtis Chapman!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a BEAUTIFUL song! It almost just made me tear up!

On my list of songs my Dad and I are going to dance to "My Little Girl" by Tim McGraw.

Have a great weekend!

Leah
(simply fabulous)

Brian said...

I love that coffee mug, haha. I know you posted about your run already but I hope it was awesome! Ridiculously early for 18 miles but it definitly gets it out of the way!

HEAB said...

Coffee with Elvis - nice!

Sweet sweet Stephen Curtis Chapman. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you 18 miler went okay. 4 AM - ouch!