A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Her Thursday Things to Talk About: A BBQ CONTEST!

Morning folks, look what I woke up to this morning:)

4

Pink and I had a beautiful 20 minute Detox Yoga session with Lisa. I was bummed that I  only stretched last night and couldn’t get my Yoga in, oh well it’s only one day. I was pretty sore this morning from yesterday’s hilly run, pigeon pose was a GOOD hurt, if you know what I mean:)

YESTERDAY’S EATS

Snack 10:30am: Greek Yogurt,Granola, and Blueberries

20

Lunch 1pm: MASSIVE SALAD! Black Eye Peas, WW Pita, and light Laughing Cow Cheese.

Toppings:

23

24

4pm Snack: Apple and PB

21

Yesterday, I was so ready to come home for date night because, for some reason all the kids had the CRAZY bug at school!!!! Hubby and I decided to cook at home for Date Night, not only is it cheaper but it was A LOT more healthier.  Thanks for all the ideas for next week!!!

6

Hubby made his famous vinegar chicken, with green beans, black eye peas, and a bp. The breast of chicken was enough to feed a small tribe of people, hubby had no problem contributing:)

7

I went to with bbq baked tofu, kale chips(amazing), and some sweet potato fries. The perfect meal! I have yet to have Kale Chips, wow I have been missing out. I love the way they get crunchy in the oven, and I sprinkled with a little parmesan cheese, and it was so TASTEY!

12

After dinner we played some card games, and watched TBL, and WOW, that’s all I have to say about that episode!!!! Man what a week. 

MORNING EATS

I had a peach that was a little too soft to eat, so I decided to add 1/2 of it to my Oats this morning. I shall call this bowl, Peach Cranberry Cobbler!

1

The Combo:

  • 1/3 cup oats, 1/2 c water, 1/2 c almond milk, 1/2 banana, pinch salt
  • half peach mixed in while cooking
  • vanilla
  • 1 tbsp of chopped pecan 
  • 1/3 cup home-made cranberry sauce
  • 1/8 crumbled  Honest Food Blueberry Plank Bar
  • Spoonful Barney Butter
  • Sprinkle of Unsweetened Coconut flakes

    2

    I think peaches will be around a lot more, it added the perfect texture and sweetness! Check out our sky TODAY! WHAT! I want some sunshine:(

    3

    This called for me to wait until tonight for my track workout at the gym, I just wasn’t too motivated. Plus I stayed up real late last night because right before we went to bed Hubby told me some very SAD news, crying before bed is never FUN! It’s nothing to do with us or me, it’s just some news about some friends, that BROKE my heart. I prayed and gave it to God, I know he will help them.

    Look who also crashed on us!

    5

    CONTEST TIME

    Ok, so that BBQ Tofu last night was prepared by Country Bobs' All Purpose BBQ Sauce! The company so graciously sent me two bottles last week, and I LOVE it. I am a big fan off BBQ sauces, and was so happy to be able to cook with it. It’s not a real spicy sauce, it actually has a bit of sweetness to it, which I enjoy more. I have been fortunate to have some true BBQ when living in Memphis, TN and this BBQ sauce is right up there! 

    The Country Bob's Family of Products were home grown out of a love for downhome country cooking. From the original All Purpose Sauce to our new Seasoning Salt, your taste buds will agree these products were born and raised country style! Check out all their products:

    • All Purpose Sauce
    Spicy All Purpose 
    • Seasoning Salt
    Barbeque Sauce

    Well not only have they sent me two bottles they also want to send NHerShoes readers some free bottles too!!! That’s right friends another wonderful contest. Two winner will win 2 bottles of Country Bob's All Purpose BBQ Sauce! 

    How to enter: Leave a comment on this post telling me what you would cook Country Bob’s sauce with? I will randomly choose 2 winners on March 11th at midnight pacific time.

  • Peace.Love.Happiness

    79 comments:

    aNd! said...

    Mmmmm, I am wanting to try this Country Bob's. We got a smoker for Christmas and despite still learning how to use it, chicken taste wonderful on it. In honor of "Bob" who gave us the smoker, I think I would try this with some of the smoked chicken and turn it into a pulled chicken sandwich on a w.w. open bun with some slaw salad on the side!

    Anonymous said...

    I think I would use Country Bob's as a dipping sauce for some sweet potato fries, tofu, grilled chicken strips. From what I've read on the blogs it works perfectly with almost ANYTHING!

    Meghann said...

    I love your seperator bowl you bring everything for your salad in. I need something like that. :)

    CalliNae said...

    Well gosh, with tofu, of course! :) And maybe some tempeh.. mmm...

    Danielle said...

    Definitely want to try it with tofu.. and seitan :) mmmmm

    Oz Runner said...

    BBQ sauce would go on some grilled chicken....and probably as a dipping sauce for my kids chicken strips....

    Denise said...

    I would definitely use it w/ tofu and also as a dipping sauce for my chicken!!

    Anonymous said...

    My husband loves bbq sauce on his hot dogs - it would be a great addition to our "supply"! Thanks for the contest!

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Bobbi. I am a daily reader but I don't think I have ever commented before. I would use Bob's sauce on some yummy baked tofu.

    hsullivan66 said...

    I'm thinking of trying something a little different -I love BBQ pulled chicken and cornbread, so maybe try a sort of BBQ chicken casserole with cornbread topper.

    MoFish said...

    Since it's almost spring, thank goodness, I'd definitely use the BBQ sauce on some salmon on the grill!

    Sarah said...

    BBQ chicken pizza!

    Janie said...

    I would love to win this sauce! I would try it on smoked chicken, but I would also love to try BBQ tofu.

    itsawrap said...

    I would make BBQ Chicken quesadillas with veggies and sharp cheddar. Yum!

    Kyle and Darci said...

    I would love to try this stuff!! I've seen it all over in "blog world" and yet to see it in the store!

    Anonymous said...

    I've never used this brand, but I imagine it would be mighty tasty on a burger!

    RunningLaur said...

    Your salad toppings look fantastic!!
    Sending good wishes to your friends too.

    The fiancé loves BBQ pork, so that would be my tester dish.

    Anonymous said...

    As I am a vegetarian, I would use it with tofu, on meat free burgers or pitta pizzas.

    Aron said...

    Your salads look a lot like my daily salads :) BIG and bright!

    I won a bottle on another blog BUT I would love to win another!! I would probably put it on a veggie burger or something on that order. My husband LOVES sauce so he could find lots of good things to use it with.

    Tegan Owens said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Anonymous said...

    This stuff seems to be all the rage latley. I'm looking forward to trying it! I really would like to try it on some salmon baked in the oven. But also with tofu, chicken, and sweet potato fries. Yum!

    joyRuN said...

    You're going to make me a better eater yet, Bobbi McCormick. Between yesterday's breakfast cookie & today's kale chips - I've got some new stuff to liven up my stale cookery :)

    Anonymous said...

    Yum! All the eats look mighty fine. :D Um, what is vinegar chicken and how does hubs make this?

    Sorry to hear about your friends. :( Hopefully everything works out.

    Anonymous said...

    i would make a good chicken salad! maybe with some shredded cheese and celery...or perhaps this could add some variation to my buffalo dip. I'm getting ideas... :)

    RunToTheFinish said...

    ohh your food looks tastey as always and actually is my answer as well!

    I've not read about their sauce on a number of sites and would love to use it for my first true attempt at tofu, sounds like just the thing to make it so even D would eat it!

    Anonymous said...

    i loooove bbq sauce so i would
    eat it with EVERYTHING. oh yum.

    Anonymous said...

    I keep hearing about Country Bob and I would love to try this sauce! I'm thinking I would slather some sauce on turkey meatballs. Or make a BBQ chicken pizza!

    ~Steph

    Anonymous said...

    I've been wanting to try the country bobs combo with baked tofu also. Everyone seems to be enjoying it to much in blogland.

    Anonymous said...

    I'd probably use that sauce with anything such as salmon, chicken, veggie burgers or meatloaf!! Then again your tofu looks fab as well.

    Looks like you had a nice date night with your Hubby!

    Olga said...

    I would LOVE to try that sauce on a shrimp & asparagus stir fry and baked tofu!

    Anne said...

    I'd love to try it on tofu! Yum!

    Missy said...

    I would try it on shrimp stir fry or steak!!

    Maddy said...

    I would def cook chicken and shrimp with that sauce! And I'm not a huge fan of pork but my family would LOVE that.

    Anonymous said...

    sweet potato fries!

    Anonymous said...

    I'm seeing the Country Bob's everywhere and I'm dying to try it!

    I would definitely try it on tofu and then on steak for the hubs, probably.

    Unknown said...

    I make chicken nuggets with a homemade BBQ dipping sauce. I think I would like to try Country Bob's in my sauce!

    Anonymous said...

    I'm not a big fan of bbq sauce but I do like it on burgers. I'm willing to bet it would be great on a turkey burger!

    Anonymous said...

    I would definitely use Country Bob's on chicken, and probably try it smothered on sweet potato fries also :)

    Anonymous said...

    i already won some country bob's, so you don't need to enter me... but i still wanted to drop in and say that your date night meals look SOOOOO good -- and so does your peach/cranberry cobbler oatmeal. yum!!!

    i'm sorry for the sad news about your friends. glad you and hubby have each other for support!

    Brian said...

    Oh man I love me some BBQ Sauce. I would definitly try it on the block of Tofu that has been sittin in my fridge for some time, unused because I am too chicken to do anything with it!!

    That is a huge salad!!

    Trying To Heal said...

    oh, what a great salad! and i love that dinner!

    Anonymous said...

    Chicken and sweet potatoes!

    Anonymous said...

    mmm I LOVEE BBQ! usually we get ours at costco bc me and my sister go thru so much. So we will get the two pack of jumbo sized sweet baby rays. it is sooo good, but deff not natural. I would love to try this. I put bbq on everything, so I dont even know where I would begin, but it would probably start straight on a spoon haha :)

    Lance said...

    The food here today looks delicious Bobbi - you're making me hungry (well...I guess that pretty much happens everytime I visit!)

    Petite Noonie said...

    Totally some bbq tofu. I've never had REAL bbq tofu on a bbq and as soon as it's warmer I want to give it a try.

    Mica said...

    Hmm, I think I'd probably put the sauce on my tofu, which definitely is in need of flavor!

    I love your "Date Night" idea. It's so sweet. :)

    Toni said...

    I would make bbq chicken sandwiches.
    Your pics of food make me hungry! It all looks so good.

    Anonymous said...

    Definitely tofu and sweet potatoes!

    Lauren said...

    I would make BBQ Apple Turkey Burgers or Honey BBQ glazed salmon...mmmmm this sauce looks fabulous and I've always wanted to try it!

    The Hopeful Runner said...

    Mmmm, I would love to win this bbq sauce since my hubby is a big fan! He said he would like to use it as a dip for the awesome sweet potato fries that I make for us! Sounds good to me!
    Dayna

    Anonymous said...

    Honestly? Tofu! When I made bbq tofu with my homemade sauce it was not very fabulous!

    Anonymous said...

    Those oats look DIVINE!!! And I love your to-go salad bowl with separations, what a genius idea.

    Please don't enter me to win the Country Bob's, I actually am giving some away too! :)

    HangryPants said...

    Where did you get that fantastic salad contraption?

    RunEatRepeat said...

    I would make BBQ Tofu :)

    I agree - where is the sunshine lately?

    EL said...

    I have been dying to try this sauce. I just found some new veggie burgers at Costco and they would be delicious with Country Bob's on them.

    sals said...

    I love bbq sauce on everything -- esp veggies!

    Keegan said...

    First thought for BBQ sauce: BBQ chicken pizza! Easily my most favorite toppings on pizza!

    Anonymous said...

    great giveaway!! and wow for running 18 miles! great job :)..

    id use the bbq sauce for baked Tofu, slathered ontop a boca burger, or as a chicken marinade! yum

    ariel said...

    I would like to try Country Bob's with crispy tofu or tempeh and roasted vegetables. :)

    Kristin @ The Southern Summer said...

    Hmmm...I would use this sauce on homemade pizza!

    Anonymous said...

    I would love to try it on tofu! I've seen it around the blog world and it looks delicious!

    3T Heppenstall said...

    I would definitely be cooking thin-sliced chicken breast with this sauce. It sounds good and I love to put the chicken on the George Foreman Grill since we don't have the space to barbecue! Mmmm... Smells good already!!

    Ellen said...

    i'd love to try this sauce! it sounds great for tofu.

    Anonymous said...

    I would like to try it as a marinade for tofu and roasted veggies. I think that it would be awesome.

    Ali said...

    I mix it into my turkey burger patties before I cook them and also use them on my baked tofu (like most others)

    Julie said...

    Yumm that would be so awesome to try this :) I'll link back!

    cglich0630 said...

    I am normally not a lover of BBQ sauce but you make it sound so good!! I would try it on chicken, boca burgers, with veggies, and maybe even on sandwiches.

    Unknown said...

    MM Country Bob's! I've never tried this but I love putting BBQ on everything and anything:)

    Sara said...

    Yum! I really want to try this BBQ Sauce! I would use it on grilled chicken or tofu.

    Unknown said...

    I would love to try Country Bobs, which seems to be sweeping the blog nation. I would definitely use it with tofu, and probably chicken and bulgur.

    The Bagley Bunch said...

    Your posts always make me hungry...but for the GOOD stuff :).

    Emily said...

    I would make my bbq black bean chicken burritos . I want to try this so bad.

    Mrs. LC said...

    Mmm I would probably use this on chicken and tofu. I have seen this around and definitely want to try some!!

    Anonymous said...

    I definitely want to make BBQ tofu with Bob's. I've seen it on a ton of blogs but not stores so I would love to win some!

    Anonymous said...

    I LOVE BBQ SAUCE!

    Niki said...

    Mmmm, I would make some Memphis BBQ ribs!! Yum! And some BBQ chicken too:)

    M said...

    I'd start out by covering my baked tofu and potatoes with Country Bob's. Another possibility is as a pizza sauce for bbq chicken pizza. Thanks for the giveaway!
    -Michelle

    Andy & Jen said...

    i would smother it on sweet potato fries and some chicken from the bbq!

    Lauren said...

    Can't wait to try this on grilled veggies!