A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sushi Making + Christmas Baking

Last night Melissa arrived at my house with goodies in hand!!!

bobbi 118

She brought me some of her delicious baking treats :).

bobbi 143

We went to the grocery store and picked up all of our ingredients for our night of Sushi Making + Christmas Baking slumber party! Melissa knows her sushi, I have been dying to try and make my own sushi since I saw her make it with Meghann a while back.

bobbi 119

All the veggies were sliced up perfectly

bobbi 122

Along with the avacado

bobbi 125

I could have added meat. but I love veggie rolls! 

bobbi 126

Brown EASY sticky rice. I buy this at Costco and you only have to microwave each bowl for 90 seconds! 

bobbi 124

Ok Melissa show me what to do?! 

bobbi 131

bobbi 136

Roll it up

bobbi 133

Then wet the end a little to keep it from falling out. 

bobbi 134 

Cut into small pieces, not as easy as it looks!

bobbi 138

mmmmmm! 

bobbi 140

Couldn’t wait to stick it in my mouth! 

bobbi 141

I also enjoyed a glass or two of Cab. 

bobbi 123

My teacher :)

bobbi 142

Then it was BAKING time! Where better to find easy and delicious baking ideas then the blog world?! We decided to try Tina’s Banana Oatmeal Chip cookies.

bobbi 150

Super easy to make!

bobbi 145

bobbi 149

They tasted yummy, but were a little small. Her recipe says that you should be able to make two dozen, we barely got 15!

bobbi 153

bobbi 152

The next recipe we decided to tackle was Meghanns Vegan Pumpkin Raisin Scones :). I have always wanted to make scones but they have always seem so complicated. These were super easy!

bobbi 151

We added chocolate chips instead of raisins.

bobbi 154

bobbi 155

Can’t wait to try it!

bobbi 156 

Melissa and I stayed up watching the Holiday with my friend Danielle and then had some “girl” talk! What a fun night. Today we are going for a short run and then Melissa is going to try out my Kickboxing class.

After our morning of workouts we are off to hit the  stores for some Christmas shopping!!! It’s going to be quite the eventful day :)

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried making sushi once--sticky rice disaster! haha

Anonymous said...

Your sushi looks fantastic, I'm so impressed!

Anonymous said...

so funn =) i just read melissa's post and it made me smile..im jealous of the sushi making! it looks great

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great evening!

Anonymous said...

yum everything looks so good! i'm wicked jealous of it all :)

Jenna said...

looks like a fun tonight w/ sushi and cookie baking!

Lauren said...

What a fantastic Girls Night! I am so jealous that you guys got to make your own sushi. I've been wanting to try to make my own for ages now!

Sounds like a super fun weekend for you girly!

Hope you enjoy! :)

Lauren said...

Looks like such a fun night! I've been wanting to make sushi at home for ages... yours turned out beautifully, as did the baked goods!

maria said...

I totally need to make my own sushi. It looks so easy to do with just veggies!

maria said...

I totally need to make my own sushi. It looks so easy to do with just veggies!

katie said...

Wow, that sushi is looking good!

http://katiechangesforkatie.blogspot.com/2009/12/mia-photo-update-new-contest-happy.html

New blog post + new music! New giveaway tomorrow. Woop woop!

Katie

Anonymous said...

Wow! That looks like so much fun! Good idea Bobbi - I'll have to invite a friend over for that one time.

kelsey @ kelseytoney said...

I love, love, love your sweater!! Great neckline and natural color. I have to find something like that. lovely! :D

k

Meghann said...

Looks like so much fun!!! All you are missing is ME! :)

Love you two! Have fun!

Kelly said...

Looks like you guys had a fun night! I want to make my own veggie rolls now. :)

Lisa said...

Sushi would have to be one of my all time favourite dishes!!! Looks like you girls had a great night!

RunToTheFinish said...

YEAHH for fun with melissa!!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Looks like so much fun!

SushiTail said...

Happy people always make me happy.
Thanks for sharing the photos and the post.