A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Monday, December 7, 2009

HER FINISH STRONG SERIES

Good morning lovelies! Thank you again for the sweet, sweet comments about my marathon recap!!

Woke up feeling like I got beat with a bat! I managed to peal myself out of bed at a decent hour. I wanted to make sure I took this day for rest,  but at the same time I have a lot of things to get done and I wanted to make the most out of my day off.

First things first I made a wonderful recovery bowl of Pomegranate Oats!

Picture 255

Did you know that Pomegranates support healthy blood flow because of its iron properties?? I need all the healthy antioxidants and healthy blood flow I can get!

Picture 257

In the bowl:

  • 1/3 c oats + 2/3 cup soy milk + 1/2 banana
  • mixed in cinnamon, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp flax seed
  • toppings: 1/8 Honest Foods Pomegranate Walnut Plank Bar, POM Seeds, Chopped Pecans, Unsweetened Coconut, and one spoonful of Barney Butter.

***

Ok friends I have a fun new series that I am hosting here at NHS!

“It’s the Final Count Down”…

We have 24 days until the end of the year and I want to FINISH STRONG! How about you, would you like to FINISH STRONG too??? For the next 24 days I will be posting a fun new workout or a delicious healthy meal for you to try. I would love some of your ideas as well, do you have a Healthy Holiday Meal or a Healthy Baking recipe?? Please email me at marie.bobbi@gmail.com. Or what about a quick at home workout that you can do in 30 minutes or less?? Please share!

Now that my marathon training is over I want to start kicking into drive my interval/weight training again!! I miss doing weights and Shred. I have decided I want to turn those 3-5 pounds I have gained into pure muscle. I can’t think of more motivation then that little black dress I want to get into for NEW YEARS EVE! Most of all I want to finish this year with a BANG! Let’s make the most of these last day.

DAY 1…Counting Down…

Interval workout only takes 10-15 minutes!

Equipment needed: Exercise Ball, 5-10lb free weights, bench or chair, medicine ball or use weights.

  • 10 Step Ups, 10 per leg- you can use a workout bench or anything that is at least 3-4 feet off the ground.
  • 10-20 Dips on the bench( more challenging put your feet up on a ball or chair)
  • 25-50 Crunches- Put the Exercise Ball between your feet in the air and crunch up.
  • 30 seconds of Burpees (at least 10)
  • Standing lunges with 5-10lb free weights, 10 on each side
  • Plank 30 seconds
  • 15 military presses 5-10lb free weights
  • 20 jumping jacks
  • 30 seconds of squats with a bicep curl
  • 30 seconds of bicycle sit-ups
  • Tricep kick backs with 5-10lb free weights on each arm.
  • 10-15 pushups
  • 20 sit-ups with a medicine ball over head, just hold on to the ball and push toward the sky.
  • 30 seconds of mountain climbers

NO ONE SHOULD SAY I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR EXCERSISE during the Holiday season! I will start my workouts tomorrow!

****

Time to clean up the kitchen

Then to the grocery store I go, NO FOOD!

Massage!

Baking!

Tackle some AD items.

Then Christmas Pictures!

13 comments:

chrystad72 said...

Love this post! What a great idea. The idea of finishing the year strong rocks. Woohoo! Im on board with ya! I had a few goals too that are similar. Im not trying to lose weight, but just de-puff a bit=) Love the new workout ideas. I cant wait to read more=) Good luck and have a great day!

Trying To Heal said...

love the idea! i'll send you a ww fruit bread healthy recipe soon!!!

Krista said...

I love making up home workouts when I'm not in the mood for the gym. Here one if mine:

CIRCUIT WORKOUT:
20 jumping jacks
20 reverse lunges (DBs optional)
20 bicep curls with DBs

20 running high knees
20 squats (DBs optional)
20 pushups

20 forward kicks
20 stiff legged deadlift with DBs
20 bentover rows with DBs

20 skiers (jump side to side)
20 stepups (on stairs or bench)
20 Overhead Press with DBs
1 min plank

Krista said...

Forgot to say that you repeat that 3-4 times, depending on your time constraints!

Anonymous said...

great post! love the idea of finishing strong, it makes so much sense :)

Lindsey said...

What a great idea, I love this new series!!! Thanks for the fun workout today!=)

Unknown said...

This is great! I really want to finish the year strong. The extent of my work outs usually revolve around running with some basic strength training, but my emphasis is on running... or so it was.

Right now in Flagstaff AZ we have a blizzard warning in effect until tomorrow at 12pm, a day of sun for Wednesday and then another storm for the Thursday and the weekend, so these exercise ideas will be a fantastic way to keep my booty moving even if I cannot run.

It is time to finish strong!!!

Lauren said...

Glad you are feeling okay today. I can imagine you would be just a tad sore, but POM oats should help those aching legs! :)

Bobbi, this is a GREAT idea!! I am totally behind you on the Finish Strong Series. So much, that I am going to work on sending you some recipes and/or workout ideas.
And even though I am sure those little 3 pounds are only due to weight gain duing marathon training which is totally normal and expected, I understand the desire to gain more muscle! I'm actually working on increasing my strength and interval training during my "off" season from training. Perfect time to build some lean body mass!! :)
I'll email you soon!

Have a lovely day love!

RunEatRepeat said...

Great post :) You totally rocked that race!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the race!! yay :) those oats look fabulous

xoxo
shelley

Ashley (whole-ier) said...

I'm down for finishing this year strong! I feel like I've been dragging in my workouts for the past 2-3 months. I'm starting my new schedule today!

Jenna said...

yummy oats!
jenna

Lisa (bakebikeblog) said...

What a fantastic idea! I will be following this for sure!