Monday, December 7, 2009
HER FINISH STRONG SERIES
Good morning lovelies! Thank you again for the sweet, sweet comments about my marathon recap!!
Woke up feeling like I got beat with a bat! I managed to peal myself out of bed at a decent hour. I wanted to make sure I took this day for rest, but at the same time I have a lot of things to get done and I wanted to make the most out of my day off.
First things first I made a wonderful recovery bowl of Pomegranate Oats!
Did you know that Pomegranates support healthy blood flow because of its iron properties?? I need all the healthy antioxidants and healthy blood flow I can get!
In the bowl:
- 1/3 c oats + 2/3 cup soy milk + 1/2 banana
- mixed in cinnamon, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp flax seed
- toppings: 1/8 Honest Foods Pomegranate Walnut Plank Bar, POM Seeds, Chopped Pecans, Unsweetened Coconut, and one spoonful of Barney Butter.
Ok friends I have a fun new series that I am hosting here at NHS!
“It’s the Final Count Down”…
We have 24 days until the end of the year and I want to FINISH STRONG! How about you, would you like to FINISH STRONG too??? For the next 24 days I will be posting a fun new workout or a delicious healthy meal for you to try. I would love some of your ideas as well, do you have a Healthy Holiday Meal or a Healthy Baking recipe?? Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or what about a quick at home workout that you can do in 30 minutes or less?? Please share!
Now that my marathon training is over I want to start kicking into drive my interval/weight training again!! I miss doing weights and Shred. I have decided I want to turn those 3-5 pounds I have gained into pure muscle. I can’t think of more motivation then that little black dress I want to get into for NEW YEARS EVE! Most of all I want to finish this year with a BANG! Let’s make the most of these last day.
DAY 1…Counting Down…
Interval workout only takes 10-15 minutes!
Equipment needed: Exercise Ball, 5-10lb free weights, bench or chair, medicine ball or use weights.
- 10 Step Ups, 10 per leg- you can use a workout bench or anything that is at least 3-4 feet off the ground.
- 10-20 Dips on the bench( more challenging put your feet up on a ball or chair)
- 25-50 Crunches- Put the Exercise Ball between your feet in the air and crunch up.
- 30 seconds of Burpees (at least 10)
- Standing lunges with 5-10lb free weights, 10 on each side
- Plank 30 seconds
- 15 military presses 5-10lb free weights
- 20 jumping jacks
- 30 seconds of squats with a bicep curl
- 30 seconds of bicycle sit-ups
- Tricep kick backs with 5-10lb free weights on each arm.
- 10-15 pushups
- 20 sit-ups with a medicine ball over head, just hold on to the ball and push toward the sky.
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
NO ONE SHOULD SAY I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR EXCERSISE during the Holiday season! I will start my workouts tomorrow!
Time to clean up the kitchen
Then to the grocery store I go, NO FOOD!
Tackle some AD items.
Then Christmas Pictures!