A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Father and Daughter Weekend

Hi friends, did you miss me? :)

This weekend my Daddy and I enjoyed another one of my works wonderful retreats. The retreat is actually called Father “Teen” Daughter, but older daughters can go too!

Picture 237

I am a woos when it comes to the cold, so I was bundled up all weekend! 

Picture 238

Picture 263

Picture 245

Of course we had lot’s of good food! 

Picture 242

Egg burritos (I had half). 

Picture 241

With a little granola, yogurt and fruit. 

Picture 239

We enjoyed some amazing worship music! 

Picture 246

As well as some great speaking from Mr. Albert Tate, love this man. 

Picture 247

I loved watching all the Dad’s and Daughter’s playing games together, pure bonding moments! 

Picture 248

I enjoyed my fare of HUGE SALADS!

Picture 253

and soup. 

Picture 254 

Picture 252

Dad and I about to take on the ZIP LINE! 

Picture 255

On Saturday night we had a fancy dinner and some of the girls got all dolled up. I just wore a nice black sweater and boots, too cold for a dress. 

For dinner we had a delicious arugula salad with bits of onion and bacon.

Picture 256

Dinner was AMAZING! Chicken Suprema: A Chicken Breast topped with Aged cheddar and pancetta.

Picture 258

Along with some grilled zucchini and squash. 

Picture 257

To make the night even sweeter, the Dad’s gave all the daughters a rose.

Picture 260

For Dessert we enjoyed a small piece of pound cake with blackberry sauce and a dab of whip cream! 

Picture 259

I didn’t enjoy the cake too much so I stole a cookie for later and enjoyed a small cup of decaf. 

Picture 261

While we enjoyed our late night cookie we worked on some crafts. This was a lot of fun to do with my Dad, we laughed the whole time! 

Picture 262

What a wonderful weekend together, I feel blessed to have had this opportunity to spend with my Daddy and I know that I am super lucky to have a Dad that loves me more then I will ever understand.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am now home and prepping for this evenings dinner party. I decided to keep it casual and make some BYOP(build your own pizzas). I am teaching kickboxing tonight so I gotta get going!!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, congrats to all that ran races this weekend you all kicked BUTT!!!!!

See you soon…

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think it's soooo awesome that you and your dad did this weekend retreat together!!

Food Makes Fun Fuel said...

Quality time with parents is the best. You appreciate it so much more once you don't see them as much.

Jessica said...

Looks like fun! I can't believe how much you and your dad look alike.

maria said...

Your weekend sounds like SO much fun. I would absolutely love to do something like this with my dad!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great weekend with your Dad! Loved the pics, especially the ones of the two of you! Too cute!

Lex said...

Looks like a great weekend!

You totally have your dad's smile!!!

Trying To Heal said...

ah, what a great weekend with your dad! i'm spending time with mine for the next few days too, since we're driving from tx to home!!!

Anonymous said...

girl-i think you are my new role model! lol. your weekend sounds so fun/refreshing. my dad and i have daddy/daughter dates when im home but i would love to go on a retreat like this..praise God for so many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Busy girl!

Gorgeous scenery!

I need to spend a weekend with my dad, we butt heads if we're together for an hour though! LOL too much alike (stubborn!).

Anonymous said...

that is too cute :) i love it

xo
sheley

The Bagley Bunch said...

aaaw how FUN!! WOW--I am sure every one else is saying it too but I can't believe how much you and your Dad look alike!!! Glad you had a wonderful weekend :)

~M~ said...

AW! Cute photo of you and your dad :) Dads are wonderful :)

Ali @ Food, Fitness, Fashion said...

AWWWW so sweet! Looks like a great weekend!!! You and your dad look alike!!! Oh and, that rose a beautiful!

Terecita said...

What a great weekend!!

You're SO busy!! How do you have a dinner party on the same night that you are teaching kickboxing?? Crazy!!

Can't wait to hang out!

SkinnyWife ('cuz I'm no longer a bride lol) said...

Glad you had a good time with your Daddy, Bobz!!

Jenna said...

glad you had a great weekend with your dad!
jenna

Triple Threat Ladies said...

I am so jealous ofo your job. Is there any chance that your boss would want to hire me? : )