A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lots of Firsts

Tonight was my first official Cross Country Meet as a Coach, I still can’t believe I was in CHARGE! I left a little early from work to make it in time to meet up with the kids at school.

THEY ROCKED IT! I feel like a PROUD MOM :). I see some major room for improvement, and I learned a lot for example bring running shoes because I ran all over the course to cheer them on! Over all they all finished a strong 2 miles and had fun. Here are some of them with their awards.

Picture 022

I so need a nice Coach Polo shirt, I look like one of the runners..LOL

After the grand festivites Hubby and I decided to enjoy a date night together at the Gourmet Pizza Shop, I so needed a BEER!

Picture 023

Love my Hanger 24 Orange Wheat. 

Picture 024

Hubby giving me his “I am so hungry I could eat your face”, look. 

Picture 025

I ordered their “That’s A Gouda” minus the cheese; BBQ SAUCE, CHICKEN, CILANTRO, RED ONIONS, and CASHEWS.  The best thing ever!

Picture 027

What a busy fun exciting day! When I got home I found the course to my first 5k of the running season details in my email. I haven’t run a 5k in a very long time, so it will be fun to see how well I do. I told all of my students to come out and participate or just come out to cheer me on ;). 

image

This weekend Hubby and I are staying up at Forest Home(where we work) for my first conference I am registering at, The “Adult Bible Conference”. We will be gone Friday night through Sunday morning(I am going to have to do the 5k in-between) we couldn’t be more excited to GET AWAY for the weekend!!!!

I have Bobbi’s Boot camp early in the morning so I am going to check up on my bloggies and then call it a night!!!

Question: Do you like 5k’s? What is your favorite running distance?

I LOVE 10ks!

26 comments:

Lance said...

Okay, that beer looks pretty sweet!

I DO like 5K's. Probably because I don't run much over 4 miles - so the 5K works. My favorite? One at a local state park here, it's small - about 100 runners. And the best part - free beer from a local brewery afterward (and root beer) (and a whole bunch of door prizes). And it's fun to actually run out in the woods too!

EricaH said...

i have only done 5ks but I am tempted to try out a 10K is it a big difference?? Congrats on your first meet, how did you get into coaching cross country? it sounds pretty neat.

Amy Soriano said...

The Beautiful Run is going to be my first run in 3 years so I'm really excited! Also, great idea having cashews and no cheese on your bbq chix pizza. I'm so going to have to try that asap. Thanks!

Trying To Heal said...

im glad to hear the meet went well!

good luck with the 5k! but 10ks are the best!

Leianna said...

I've done about 20 5k's and 2 10k's and like the 10k's better, more challenging!
But I am thinking of signing up for a half or full next spring!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Congrats on your first meet!

Anonymous said...

My favorite distance is 10-15 km. but often i run 5 km too because off my busy rutines. this week no running because i catched cold...

nice face by the way :)

Cate said...

Aww.. your team is adorable! Congrats on the first meet. I love 5Ks and I've done tons of them, but I think the half marathon is my favorite distance.

Matt said...

Congrats on your first race!

I am not a big 5ker; I prefer longer distances!

Anonymous said...

That pizza looks divine!

Lauren said...

Congrats Bobbi! That's so great that your team succeed! I am sure it felt amazing for them and also for you.

I like 5k's but sometimes, I think they are harder than long distance running. I guess it's because I really go full force for those 3 miles in hopes to working on times. It really kicks my butt but they are so invigorating.

Good luck and have a fantastic weekend!

Kristin (Kristin's Nibbles) said...

I do like 5Ks, but they stress me out a bit- I always get so competitive with myself because I KNOW I can run fast... then get super exhausted after! I love longer runs because my inner pressure isn't there, the only thing I want to do is FINISH!

xo
K

Mica said...

Speedy McSpeederson, you are the cutest cross country coach ever!

Anonymous said...

ive never run a 5k before (i'll be running my first on the 20th) but i really like 10ks and half marathons.

way to go coach! glad the meet went well

Niki said...

Great job coach!! I like 5ks but prefer longer races better!!

Unknown said...

I'm glad the meet went well! I love 5ks and I like running about 5 miles but the one 5 mile race I did was really rough - SO hot!

brandi said...

I'm so glad the meet went well! That's so exciting :)

and that pizza sounds awesome - I would never think to add cashews!

I've only run 5Ks and one 10K trail run, so I"m not sure yet :)

Ali said...

Oh yay! I am glad it went well! I like running 5k's I am actually running one next weekend. My favorite distance is an 8k so far!

Pam (Highway to Health) said...

Congrats coach! Looks like you had a great day. That pizza looks AWESOME!

No Longer Using said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! hehe you DO look like one of the runners :) i don't think that's a bad thing! :)

Rose said...

That first picture really brought me back. Wow, I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since I ran on a CC team.

Internal Peace said...

I'm a lurker...never commented before. But I smiled when you said you feel like a mom. I'm a violin teacher and I have my first studio recital this weekend that 15 of my own students are playing at. I totally know what you mean by feeling like a mom! :)

Jenna said...

congrats on being a coach girl!
that is awesome!
jenna

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your kids' first meet! That's so exciting and fun, I used to love cross country meets, back in my junior high days...haha

I'm not much of a runner, but I do enjoy running an easy 5k every once in a while, I'd love to try a 10k one day!

Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Woohoo congrats to them! How exciting :-)

BBQ chicken pizza is my fave EVER, and that is so interesting to add cashews to it! That's like Thai/BBQ combined!

allijag said...

Isn't coaching the greatest? I coached Freshman Volleyball (where I went to high school) for a few years, and it was so rewarding. Glad your kiddos did well! Love the hubby's "I'm gonna eat you" face ;)