A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

First 5k + Our Weekend Hiatus

Friday morning my bag was packed, not only for my weekend conference at Forest Home, but also for my first 5k of the season!

Picture 032

My first conference check in on Friday went great!!! I loved meeting all the wonderful people I registered and I couldn’t wait to spend the weekend with them.

Even though I was staying up at Forest Home for the weekend I still I woke up early on Saturday morning and fueled up for my Beautiful Run 5k down the hill.

I hadn't  run a 5k since the 5k Malibu run about a year ago. My time was 19:30 last year and I finished 9th overall and first girl. I was just wanting to run that or a little better, no real expectation.

To fuel up I had a 1/2 WW English Muffin+PB+Nanner.

Picture 031 

I checked in got my number and my cool new shirt(not like I don’t have a billion of these). Oh I look so TIRED!!!

Picture 069

I took off strong, and kept thinking about everything I tell my x-country kids, keep a steady pace, use your arms, BREATHE, and keep loose

Picture 035

This shot was taken toward the end, I was sprinting hard….I kept looking at my Garmin and seeing 6:20, 6:10, never did it go over 7:10 but I tried to just run hard.

Picture 039

Hubby caught me here on my last sprint, UP HILL!!! The finish was about 1/2 mile all up hill!!!

Picture 070 

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! I didn’t beat last years PR, but I came close: 20:10. I also came in 8th overall and 1st GIRL! It’s a small race a little over 200 local peeps but I still felt pretty good :). I can’t wait until next month when I try and beat my sprint tri PR! I love my #1 supporter!!!

Picture 072 

Trader Joe’s was there to sponsor the race, so I grabbed a nanner, and some trail mix and then Hubby and I headed right back up the hill to enjoy our conference.

Picture 074Picture 073 

The whole weekend we enjoyed a lot of great speakers that spoke about being STILL, and resting….so we DID!!!

Picture 045

I enjoyed the beautiful weather and the view from our cabin. 

Picture 046

Picture 048

What a wonderful weekend full of great teaching and true relaxation!

When we got home I couldn’t wait to see this cute FACE

Picture 030

Today, I wasn’t quite ready to come back to reality so I grabbed my laptop and headed to the Library (Hubby stayed home and watched FOOTBALL of course)to work on planning out our week and working on some AD stuff. I love our local library, there is something about the silence that really helps me focus!!

photo

When I got home I made Hubby and I Burgers, Turkey for him, and Salmon for me. I saw Zesty Cook’s Ultimate Cheese Burgers last week and I basically followed his recipe, but added one egg and used turkey meat for Hubby.

Picture 055

I had my Salmon Burger(from Costco) and topped it with button mushrooms and spinach. 

Picture 059

Along with a little fruit salad and….

Picture 060

some grilled squash from our garden. 

Picture 061

I ate my burger on a Sandwich Thin, I love these because you can taste the burger instead of all the bread. 

Picture 068

All together!

Picture 062

I also enjoyed a glass or two of my favorite summer wine.

Picture 063

Picture 064

Hubby loved his Ultimate Cheese Turkey Burgers on a Focaccia Bread.

Picture 067

and look who got a hair cut, I miss his fluff! 

Picture 065 

Alright it’s time for a FUDGESICLE and some more REST, I have had such a wonderful weekend and because I worked late and over the weekend I am not going in until 10am tomorrow!!!!

Nite Nite

P.S. Congrats to Caitlin, Meghann, and Angie on their runs this weekend!!!!

23 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your run! That is an awesome time!!

Leianna said...

Wow that looks like an amazing weekend, a 5K and a relaxing mountain view with the hubby!
I love going to the library to think in peace and quiet!

Nicci said...

That's an awesome time Bobbi! Great diner too. I plan to try Zesty's burger next week. great dinner

Angie Eats Peace said...

w00t w00t! Congrats on such an awesome time!

Kirsty said...

Good grief, girl - you are FAST!!! That's an incredible time, I would be stoked to do 5k in 30mins, let alone 20!
You are definitely an inspiration :) Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing run, congrats!! The view at Forest Home looks amazing, too.

Matt said...

Congrats on a great race this weekend!

Lauren said...

That's a great way to start of the running season. Congrats on an awesome time and 5k!

Bobbi, I have to share with you, I just ran my 1st 1/2 marathon this weekend it was such an unbelieveable experience. I also wanted to thank you because over the past year of reading your blog and connecting with you, I truly owe so much of my motivation and inspiration to you, your advice, and your uplifting experiences.

Thank you for always being there for me.
Love you girl!
XoXo

Rosey Rebecca said...

Congrats on the race! Your dog looks so cute with the haircut!

No Longer Using said...

congrats!!!!!!!!!!! 20:10 is super fast-- and your first 5k in awhile, too!!!! way to go:) and 1st female!!!!!! woo woo:)

Niki said...

Congrats on your 5k finish! First girl! That's awesome!! Looks like a fun weekend:)

Jenna said...

congrats on the run!
that cabin looks so relaxing!
jenna

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Sounds like it was a great race! The view from the cabin is pretty remarkable

RunEatRepeat said...

Great run! You are so fast!!

brandi said...

what a great weekend - a good race and lots of resting sounds good to me :)

and dang, girl...you're fast! :)

Meganerd said...

Awesome job on the 5k!

You are super fast!! I asked Meghann on Saturday at the 5k, "how did Bobbi get so fast!?"

Great job!!! You should be proud :D

Anonymous said...

wow girl grats! those are truly some amazing achievements there! :)
I want to do races so bad, but I fear I have a couple more years before I'll have time and strength to do anything like this. plus it is so hard to find things here in omaha! boo!
ooo the fruit salad and squash looks tdf!
haha love bosco's haircut!!
-muffy

Lindsay said...

You are so fast! Good job!! I would like to start training for speed once my marathon is over, it's so fun to be done in such a short time.... But part of me wants to train for an ultra too!

Lisa said...

Wow, that's speedy. Congratulations on your win. That salmon burger looks so yummy, I'm going to have to look for them at Costco.

allijag said...

You are so fast - it's insane! :) Nice job on 8th!! WOOOHOOO!

Love that sweet little Bosco face! :)

Lizzy said...

i'm a little late commenting , but congrats on your 5k! how amazing! :)

looks like an awesome weekend! :)

Kath said...

SMOKIN hot run Bobbi!!!!!!!!!

Jeri said...

Awesome job Bobbi! When I saw that pic with the girl next to you, I was HOPING that you made her eat your dust. Glad that was the case. You're #1. :) Great job again. :D