A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pain in the Night

Top of the morning to you all! This morning I was woken up by the biggest charlie horse in my left calf muscle! I have never felt such great pain, there could be two reasons for this #1 lack of water, #2 lack of stretching. I am tackling both today no matter what.

At 5:45am I went for an easy 3 mile run with Fast Jill and Mr. Rick. It was a beautiful morning and 3 miles to me is the perfect easy run. I checked a couple blogs this morning and saw that Angela’s Summer Glow Boot Camp! is up. Make sure to head over to her blog and check it out. You know I am up for the challenge.

I made a GM of course, I just can’t get enough of these!

food 511

I have another busy day planned today; work,pilates,teach kickboxing, and clean! Hubby and I are taking off to the mountains on Friday for 9 days and we are having a friend, house/Bosco sit for us. I want to make sure we have clean sheets and some food for her to grub on!!

What do you do when you go out of town, do you have someone house sit for you?

Hubby’s Random Fact for the Day: Acorns were used as a coffee substitute during the American Civil War.

Check out Zesty Cook for a fun POM Juice giveaway!

10 comments:

brandi said...

you've got a busy day!

if we're just out of town for the weekend, we just leave food and water outside for our cat.

for longer, we have our neighbors watch her.

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh that sounds like a great vacation. we are headed to iowa which isn't nearly as exciting...and I hate to leave my one kitty alone for the weekend.

i am doing the bootcamp and just when through the ab work, it rocked

Mica said...

Ugh, Charlie horses are the worst!

I don't have any pets yet, but if I get a dog, I'll probably have someone come over and house (apartment) sit.

Fitzalan said...

I always clean and do laundry before I leave. I hate coming home to a dirty or messy house! If it is just for a weekend or so, we just lock up the house and put the cat on an autofeeder. If we are gone closer to a week, we will have one of our neighbors take care of the house, feed the cat, water the plants, etc.

Happiness Awaits

Jocelyn Steiber said...

Hey! I used to get Charlie Horses all the time when I was in ballet. They are excruciatingly painful! I was once told the best thing is to put your foot on a cold surface (the bathroom floor works) Also, check out my new nutrition/wellness blog!

http://peacelovenutrition.wordpress.com/

Niki said...

Ouch! I hate Charlie Horses! They are the worst!! Luckily I live by my parents so I let Sadie stay there when I go out of town and when we all go to the lake she comes along! But if we all went on a trip where she couldn't come, we have a GREAT lady who runs a kennel out in the country or I would have a friend watch her!

Triple Threat Ladies said...

Just wanted to let you know that Charlie Horses can be the result of a lack of electrolytes, especially potassium. To me that means I have an excuse to eat another banana covered in peanut butter! : )

Anonymous said...

ouch i have a love/hate relationships with charlie horses. in some twisted way i enjoy them :/ haha. and you are the energizer bunny! i wish i had the energy you do :)

Courtney said...

I can't wait to get back from the gym (I'm just heading out now!) so I can make a delicious green monster! YUM!

Matt said...

Have fun on vacay!