A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Monday, July 20, 2009

Lemon Cilantro Hummus

It’s 100 degrees inside our house!!!! I am dying, I don’t think the air is working correctly. This does not help my motivation for kickboxing tonight!!

101°F
The%20Sun%20-%20Handle-shaped%20Prominence

Well at least lunch was cool and refreshing! I started with a dressing less salad, garden greens, strawberries, goat cheese, and almonds.

1

I munched on some raw veggies; baby carrots, squash, yellow squash with…

2

the best store bought Hummus I have ever had, lemon cilantro hummus.

3

I also had a cucumber, tomato and sprout sammie with laughing cow cheese.

5

This heat is going to kill me! I hope I don’t pass out in class tonight, hydrating as we speak!

Hubby’s random fact: Eighty percent of 10 year old girls in the USA go on a diet.

WOWZAS that's some craziness!

See you in the morning!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a crazy fact!

I hope it cools down for you soon!

Anonymous said...

what a sad fact! i remember being ten and my only worries were if I could stay up past my bedtime without getting caught!

Niki said...

What a crazy and sad fact! Hope your air gets fixed asap!!

Danielle C. said...

Wow that is a sad fact. Although I hate the usage of the word 'diet' in that way since we all technically eat a diet. ;)

I know I get told a lot that I'm 'on a diet' but I see it as being generally good nutrition and that it is SAD that people think it's a 'diet'.

Eve said...

It's really so sad. Things have got to change!

I love the quantity and assortment of your veggies!

Katie said...

That lunch looks great!