A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yes I Eat Grass

Good morning! So I didn’t get a chance to read my new book last night because I was exhausted! I ended up passing out around 10pm and woke up at 5:15 ready to head out for a 5 mile run with fast Jill and Mr.Rick. The run was ok, but I was lacking in energy, I should have eaten a little something before I took off. I finished strong at a 8:20 mile pace which is amazing considering we had a 5miles of HILLS!

When I got home I knew I needed one of these!

food 355



Tropical Green Monster!

1/2 c almond milk
1/3 c light coconut milk
1 frozen banana
1/4 c blueberries
1/2 c frozen mango
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
3 c of baby spinach
1 pack of Organic Wheat Grass

 

 

 

 

I tried the Organic Wheat Grass today by Amazing Grass. I am hoping it gives me the energy I need for the day. Did I mention I am giving up coffee for the summer!!! I am slowly trying to wean off of it and just have like one cup a week.

food 353

Well off to work I go, a day of cleaning the classroom, Oh JOY!

Happy Humpday!

12 comments:

Brandi said...

that green monster sounds great with the coconut milk.

have a good day of cleaning! :)

Questionably Texan said...

There must be something to this whole "green monster" thing - I might just have to try one someday.

smilinggreenmom said...

Oh my goodness! This sounds so good :) I just just found your blog and it is great! I am a former athlete (competitive swimmer) whose activity has mostly become chasing my kids around! I miss swimming and feeling athletic and am hoping your blog can reinspire me- thanks! I am a very green mom though and make smoothies with soy milk, cream of coconut, fruits etc. Our family also takes a Vidazorb probiotic every single day since it helped our son with his allergies and Eczema. We eat organically and have our first garden...so I feel pretty good about all these changes but know that I really need to take a step forward (or backwards for that matter) and open up the athlete door again! smilinggreenmom *find me on twitter!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

You are super fast! And with hills?! So awesome!

You are such a dedicated runner! It is something to admire and learn from.

Have a great day!

Niki said...

Great job on the run! The GM looks great!! Good luck with giving up the coffee! That would be hard for me:)

Anonymous said...

awesome run and good luck weaning yourself off of caffeine!

brienne said...

hey girl! i gave up caffeine about 3 months ago and while i still love a great cup of joe i've enjoying my freedom from caffeine. as a sub for those mornings where there is no sub for a cup of coffee i stick to decaf. works for me!!

Matt said...

I could never give up coffee! It is a gift from the Gods!

teacherwoman said...

I would love to give up coffee too. It's just so good! LOL

A@ Please Don't Eat Me! said...

i seriously need to jump on the green monster bandwagon. too bad everytime i hear green monster i think of my Red Sox and then start craving hot dogs.. lol

Pearl said...

green monster looks good!

Anonymous said...

Whoa bobbi! You can really kick out the miles even w/o energy! I so, so, so, so admire you!
Great job on the coffee! I hope it goes well! Have you gone off caffeine before? I just went of Diet Coke a month ago and I feel fabulous! But, I didn't for awhile there :/