A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Yes I Eat Grass

Good morning! So I didn’t get a chance to read my new book last night because I was exhausted! I ended up passing out around 10pm and woke up at 5:15 ready to head out for a 5 mile run with fast Jill and Mr.Rick. The run was ok, but I was lacking in energy, I should have eaten a little something before I took off. I finished strong at a 8:20 mile pace which is amazing considering we had a 5miles of HILLS!

When I got home I knew I needed one of these!

food 355



Tropical Green Monster!

1/2 c almond milk
1/3 c light coconut milk
1 frozen banana
1/4 c blueberries
1/2 c frozen mango
1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein
3 c of baby spinach
1 pack of Organic Wheat Grass

 

 

 

 

I tried the Organic Wheat Grass today by Amazing Grass. I am hoping it gives me the energy I need for the day. Did I mention I am giving up coffee for the summer!!! I am slowly trying to wean off of it and just have like one cup a week.

food 353

Well off to work I go, a day of cleaning the classroom, Oh JOY!

Happy Humpday!

12 comments:

Brandi said...

that green monster sounds great with the coconut milk.

have a good day of cleaning! :)

Jesse said...

There must be something to this whole "green monster" thing - I might just have to try one someday.

Caroline said...

Oh my goodness! This sounds so good :) I just just found your blog and it is great! I am a former athlete (competitive swimmer) whose activity has mostly become chasing my kids around! I miss swimming and feeling athletic and am hoping your blog can reinspire me- thanks! I am a very green mom though and make smoothies with soy milk, cream of coconut, fruits etc. Our family also takes a Vidazorb probiotic every single day since it helped our son with his allergies and Eczema. We eat organically and have our first garden...so I feel pretty good about all these changes but know that I really need to take a step forward (or backwards for that matter) and open up the athlete door again! smilinggreenmom *find me on twitter!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

You are super fast! And with hills?! So awesome!

You are such a dedicated runner! It is something to admire and learn from.

Have a great day!

Niki said...

Great job on the run! The GM looks great!! Good luck with giving up the coffee! That would be hard for me:)

marathonmaiden said...

awesome run and good luck weaning yourself off of caffeine!

brienne said...

hey girl! i gave up caffeine about 3 months ago and while i still love a great cup of joe i've enjoying my freedom from caffeine. as a sub for those mornings where there is no sub for a cup of coffee i stick to decaf. works for me!!

Matt said...

I could never give up coffee! It is a gift from the Gods!

teacherwoman said...

I would love to give up coffee too. It's just so good! LOL

Mariposa said...

i seriously need to jump on the green monster bandwagon. too bad everytime i hear green monster i think of my Red Sox and then start craving hot dogs.. lol

Pearl said...

green monster looks good!

Erin of Care to Eat said...

Whoa bobbi! You can really kick out the miles even w/o energy! I so, so, so, so admire you!
Great job on the coffee! I hope it goes well! Have you gone off caffeine before? I just went of Diet Coke a month ago and I feel fabulous! But, I didn't for awhile there :/