A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Question & Answer Time

Hi friends, how’s your day going? I am participating in Gena and Jenna’s Raw Wednesday Challenge, and I am seriously lacking in knowledge about this whole Raw thing?!!! I am planning on having some veggies and hummus for the snack part today, and I had a bowl of oats for breakfast does that count? I need to get more knowledge about what it mean’s to be RAW so I can take this challenge more seriously!

I thought it would be fun to go ahead and answer some questions I have recieved fro you all!!!

Ashley and Bo said...

You are such an inspiration and you do so much for all of us i'm sure each person could put together $1-$5 easily to help you get to $100! If you truly want to run in this let me know and i'll try to reach out to some folks!
Best wishes!
Ashley

Response: You are too sweet!!! If someone would like to sponsor my SDRR run, I would be much appreciated!!! Maybe I should have a blogger bake sale, and get to baking! LOL

GreenDogWine said...

Did you get a new camera (and if so - did I totally miss a post??) - all your pictures look FAB today! Just curious! :)

Answer: Well I didn’t get a new camera, the pictures that ussualy have better quality are from our Digital Rebel Camera. It’s a really nice camera but, it’s big so I really want a small one that has great quality too:)

RunToFinish said...
ok and you won't like this but green experts say you are better to put a full load in the dishwasher than to do them by hand, it uses substantially less water

Response: Well I didn’t do all my dishes by hand just my oatmeal pot, french press, mug and bowl…does that make any difference?

Hi Meghann! (Bobbi)
Ive been meaning on asking you something- I know you are a lover of running and I also know it helped you shed 30 pounds! I really admire your drive and dedication! I have a question for you..

I also love running because of how much it has helped me lose weight. When I used to see people running for miles at a time it used to overwhelm me because I need walking breaks every so often because it would literally hurt my legs and chest. A stretch and walking break always helped me keep moving. Well, I’ve noticed now that I’ve kept up with it more consistantly, I am also able to run without stopping and it doesn’t hurt (Thank God- knock on wood!) I’m so thankful and this has actually made me look forward to my runs more because i KNOW i can do it and ENJOY it at the same time. I always enjoyed it because of how it made me feel afterwards, but now I enjoy how I feel DURING the run. I know I might sound cheesy, but it really makes me happy and thankful that I’ve come this far. Was it always easy for you? Is this something normal to experience- that as you lose weight and do it more often, the running becomes easier? I know you’ve experienced falling in love with running and losing weight, also so that’s why I wanted to hear your side of the story. I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much for sharing your story and inspiring many!
<3 Nancy

Answer: I am sorry to say but running has always been easy for me, because I have been doing it for so long, but training for a fast marathon has been TOUGH!!!! It got easier as I learned to listen to my body and know when I was really pushing myself or not. Running is something I do for fun, now doing weights and other cardio(like kickboxing) is what I did to lose the weight and it has paid off so now I love doing it. I am not going to lie it is a challenge to make sure I am consistently shocking my body and not getting used to the same old workout.

Kelly said...

I went to trader joes to get the cranberry apple butter and they told me they won't have it again til October. I was so bummed! I am going to call some other ones in the area and see if maybe I'll be luckier elsewhere. I really want it!

Response: I bought mine in December, can you believe it has lasted that LONG?! I hope you find some:)

If I missed any questions recently please send them my way, I am always trying to do my best to make sure I answer all of them:)

I think these Healthy Margaritas will be on the menu tonight!! I might run (literally)to the store just to get the couple ingredients I need:)

See you tonight for the party!!! (well it’s just Hubby and I but I consider that the best kind of party!).

13 comments:

kate said...

Hi! I just wanted to comment and say how much i love reading your blog everyday!! I was really hoping I would have been around Boston for the marathon this year to cheer everyone on! (i live nearby). Thanks for the inspiration and check out my blog if you ever get a chance!

Emily said...

I'm with Ashley and Bo. I will be more than willing to donate so you can register. You've motivated me to do so much, it's the least I can do! You can email me at emily.grisso(at)gmail(dot)com with your paypal account (or address) so I can send it!!

Thank you so much!

Unknown said...

Hey! Okay, I definitely want to do tonight's post about your race and cause. Therefore, can you send me a quick email with the amount we need to raise and the info about the race? Thanks for the shout out by the way!

RunEatRepeat said...

I am with you about the Raw food, I have no idea what to eat besides smoothies! I don't think hummus is raw unless you made it yourself by soaking the beans instead of cooking them. I think I may have to try again tomorrow.

HangryPants said...

haha, you are funny! I am pretty sure hummus and oatmeal are not raw because it's from cooked beans and cooked oats.

Unknown said...

Check it out http://healthyhappierbear.blogspot.com/

Kelly said...

Oh man! You have had it since December? It's funny though, that doesn't surprise me much- if I got some now I'm sure I'd have it still in October! It takes me forever to go through stuff. I guess I'll have to wait :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering my burning question! :) You are the best!

Pearl said...

bobbi - how would we go about sponsoring your marathon? like is there a certain website?

Cecile said...

I want to help sponsor you also. You are such an inspiration. But I think the blogger bake sale is a good idea too....as long as the stuff you bake is "healthy". ;)

Meg said...

Enjoyed the Q & A!

Run Sarah said...

I have a rebel but want a smaller camera too, it`s a bit of a hassle to lug around sometimes.

Jemma said...

Hi there! I see you every day at MIR (I work at Grove) and I found out about your blog and your birthday-marathon run from Sandy (who I walk with after school every day). I am an insulin dependant diabetic (33 years now) and I am just learning to run on a treadmill. I do well on the tredmill, acutally lost 27lbs, but now I am at a stand-still, no pun intended. I have never run outside on the street. Do you have any suggestions on how to leave the electric road and hit the real highway? I would like to loose at least another 15-20lbs. Thanks, Jemma