Thursday, April 2, 2009
Cooking Salmon With a Nine Year Old
WOW, I am loving all the responses to the contest I posted, keep them coming!!!
Today I ended up sitting at Panera Bread for 5 hours, yes that’s how long they took to put new brakes on our car!!! I did actually get a lot accomplished, and I read a lot more of my new book which I will be posting about soon.
I received a call tonight about babysitting for one of my students last minuet, I had a parent in a jam and of course I said yes I love babysitting and wouldn’t mind the extra cash too. I picked up C at 5pm and we headed straight to the market to pick up something to make for dinner, C wanted to make Salmon, C is only 9! So we picked up my favorite magazine to help us make the best Salmon EVER!
Cooking Light’s Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze
4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup( I used Agave Nectar)
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Refrigerate 10 minutes, turning bag once.
3. Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute.
4. Heat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over. Brush marinade evenly over fish. Broil 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
This recipe is so easy even a 9 year old can make it!!!!
We made it with fresh asparagus, grilled in some EVOO.
With some WW rice!
Best SALMON EVER!!! The broiler made it nice and crispy and the marinade was perfect! This meal cost us a total of $10, talk about a steal, when I order just one serving at a restaurant it cost twice this much.
This is what the rest of our evening has consisted of, minus the 9 year old:)
I plan on staying up LATE, this old lady is pulling an all nighter well maybe not all night but at least past 10pm!!! LOL
When was the last time you stayed up REAL late????
P.S. If you haven’t already please vote for me here, my essay is #1.