A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Monday, March 2, 2009

Make A Difference Monday: Sorry Brittany Spears

Inspired, that’s what I am today. Slept until my body said get up, and then went straight to my yoga matt, which I named pink:) Pink and I had a lovely 20 mintues of Detox Yoga, from yogadownload. My practice was a lot better then yesterday, I could actually touch my toes and get deeper in chair pose. I still was tight trying to get into revolved twist, had to do the modified version. I am so excited about this challenge, I can’t wait to feel the results, it was the perfect way to start a Monday.

Then came breakfast! Oats of course, I missed these this weekend.

4

The Combo:

  • 1/3+ cup oats, 1 c water, 1/2 banana, pinch salt
  • vanilla
  • 1 tbsp of chopped pecan
  • 2 tbsp of wheat berries
  • Handful of blueberries( got these for $1.50!)
  • 1/8 crumbled  Honest Food Blueberry Plank Bar
  • Scoop of Greek Yogurt on Top
  • Spoonful Naturally Nutty Butter Toffee PB
  • Agave Nectar Drizzled on top

    2

    With a lovely cup of my addiction:)

    1 

    Happenings in Blog LAND– Check out these blogs for more information!

    One Frugal Foodie: Erin Baker’s Wholesome Baked Goods Giveaway

    Krista’s Cravings: Goodie Bag Giveaway

    Food That’s Fit: Creating a Blogger E-Cookbook

    athlEAT: Laura’s “Hunger Takes No Holiday” Funudraiser (all you have to do is comment)

    Congrats to Kath for her amazing Lipton travel announcement! I am so JELOUSE!

    MAKE A DIFFERENCE MONDAY:

    Today I wanted to share with you a song, that truly shares about how we need love in this world. This world need’s your love, right now more then ever. Love has come from the broken, and for the crushed spirits who are out there. Is there someone out there that needs YOUR LOVE?!

    Check out this video, a written apology to Britney Spears by Bebo Norman. A message for Britney Spears, and all others who have been hurt by fame and by the lies of this world.

  •  

    Bebo Norman - Britney
    From the album Bebo Norman

    Britney I’m sorry for the lies we told
    We took you into our arms and then left you cold
    Britney I’m sorry for this cruel cruel world
    We sell the beauty but destroy the girl
    Britney I’m sorry for your broken heart
    We stood aside and watched you fall apart
    I’m sorry we told you fame would fill you up
    and money moves the man so drink the cup

    Chorus:
    I know love goes around the world we know
    and you never see it coming back
    you never see it coming back
    I know love goes around the world we know
    and you never see it coming back
    but i can see it coming back for you
    Yes coming back for you

     

    Britney I’m sorry for the stones we throw
    We tear you down just so we can watch the show
    Britney I’m sorry for the words we say
    We point the finger as you fall from grace

  • 11 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I love it! Ha! This is what I needed! I am on my way to check out the blogs! Have an awesome day!

    Amelia said...

    Yay for yoga challenges! I just started too!

    Denise said...

    I downloaded one of the yoga downloads but haven't tried it yet. Maybe I will today since it's a snow day!

    Mica said...

    Mmm, those oats look nutty and delicious! The perfect breakfast to gear up for Monday!

    Pearl said...

    oh that texture of oats must be SO good! i love crunchiness admist the soft creaminess of oats.. :) thanks for sharing that song!

    RunToTheFinish said...

    I'm doing my yoga in the evenings to wind down and I do think this will be a very good challenge!

    good call on reaching out to someone...i should call my grandma

    Unknown said...

    bobbi, i have to tell you that yesterday mphs got LOADS of snow (anywhere from 5-8 inches depending on where you live!) and so, i decided to make something new for my lunch (since i was just chillin' at my house all day yesterday). i made the black bean veggie burger patties and i must say they were SUPER delish! these have definitely moved up to the "usual" rotation of easy weeknight meals! i can't get enough of them!!!! :) hope things are going well in CA. love reaading about your road to boston... keep up the great posts!

    HEAB said...

    Bobbi
    Thanks for sharing the video as I love Bebo Norman. He lives here in Nashville, and I used to see him at church. All the girls had major crushes on him...and then he went and got married. I hadn't heard the Brittany song. Wow - I wish others would follow his lead.

    Trying To Heal said...

    great job w/ the yoga poses! i just downloaded some routines from yogadownload and i'm excited to try!

    Andy & Jen said...

    Bobbi, where do you teach kickboxing? I've been looking for a good class!

    Brian said...

    Those oats look awesome!