A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hubby's Early Morning Edition

Good Morning Friends,

This is the hubby, up early (4am) writing a special note to everyone in appreciation for all of the “Congrats” messages left on yesterday’s entry. HOWEVER, in a span of 24-48 hours the whirlwind of job offers has changed..... first bad, but now, BETTER!!!!!!

So without getting into more details at this time, I am officially back to "Self-employed", but that will change at the end of the week. Thanks again for your kind words, as I do read your comments on here!! :)

And here's a quote that I found to be inspiring for my situation and also goes along with Bobbi's "Feeding Your Soul" article from yesterday.....

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”
-Charles R. Swindoll


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow that must have made for a stressful few hours! But hooray that it's now a better offer! :D

Brian said...

good to hear from ya! nice early post

Mica said...

Whoa, a hubby post! Glad things worked out!

No Longer Using said...

ahhh 4am!!!! those are your work-from-home hours of choice?! hehe. i am glad things worked out and i love the message about how we are in charge of our own attitudes. it amazes me how much we can either positively or negatively effect other people just by either starting out with a smile or a complaint. it's time we lift others up with us! :) have a great day!

Mrs. LC said...

Great Chuck Swindoll excerpt. I actually don't even think I have fully realized how much I needed to read that yet. Thank you.

3T Heppenstall said...

Great post! What a blessing how things are working out! It was great seeing you guys last night!

Denise said...

Hi Hubs! Hope the job situation works out the way you want it to!

Anonymous said...

it always seems like you're playing tons of fun board games. what are your favs and best games for groups and what are the lame ones in your opinion?