A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Thursdays Thoughts

Today I slept in again! I mean I am not complaining, but what happen to my internal alarm clock?! I wasn't up for working out this morning with a 2 year old running around. So I have decided today to just rest my legs this morning and then this evening after work I am going to do a little boxing:) I got to eat some yummy oats and watch a little of the Today Show, but no Matt Lauer!

Chocolate Bowl of Oats
  • 1/2 cup oats

  • 1/2 cup vanilla hemp milk/water mix

  • handful fiber one

  • 1/4 cup of chocolate hemp protein (still need to write that review)

  • 1/2 banana

  • bits of granola plank

  • spoonful of pb



Yesterday finished well. Got home made a quick Dream Dinner., buffalo chicken with blue cheese crumbles, and brown rice. Pretty simple and no veggies, I have to run to the store on my break today! I went to my women's study after and had a wonderful cup of sugerfree hot apple cider..mmm...had some aspartame in it but it was a better choice then the chocolate!

Is it fall yet? It's still 90+ degrees here in SO CAL! I remember when I lived in Memphis, I used to love watching the trees change colors and the crisp mornings. I love living in CA, it's just still too hot, I want FALL already! I love layering my cloths, and I think fall wear is so much cuter then summer. Not that I ever really need to wear more then one shirt, or closed toes shoes, it just would be nice to have a reason to.

I of course am thinking of the weekend and trying to plan accordingly. On Saturday I have a trail run with Rachel, YEAH! Then boxing at 9, and then coed softball at noon. So after 1pm Saturday I AM FREE! I have so much to catch up on, I have a list of all lists. For now I will enjoy today:)

This weekend hubby and I are planning on going to the pumpkin patch and carving us a pumpkin. We also have to go shopping for Halloween costumes for our party on the 25th. We normally don't celebrate Halloween but this year we were invited to a costume party so we now have a reason to dress up:)What are some things that you have seen or have been for Halloween that have been a hit? WE NEED HELP!

7 comments:

Trying To Heal said...

your oats look super yummy!

and i just realized you're in socal!! so close yet so far away...we're a bit of a drive apart! and i agree w/ the hot weather, though i do thuroughly despise cold weather in every shape and form!

have a nice relaxing day!

Anonymous said...

I wish it was fall here as well. It cooked down for a little bit but its back to 90 degrees and will stay that way until the end of November. :(

A couple years ago I was a Birthday Present for halloween! I wore a box all night covered in wrapping paper and it was a huge hit! Check out the picture

http://photos.l3.facebook.com/photos-l3-sf2p/v51/131/109/5207154/n5207154_34129590_8893.jpg

brienne said...

the weather sure has been FABULOUS here! ;)

HangryPants said...

It's actually quite warm in New England today, too! I'm not complaining. I know I'll be freezing my butt of soon.

Anonymous said...

Took a bike ride on my break today.

Cooking an acorn squash, ever tried?

Anonymous said...

Looking foward to the review on the protein powder..

Anonymous said...

I love me some boxing...awesome! Oats look tasty!