A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Saturday, October 11, 2008

My First Bowl of FALL!!!

It is about time that it started feeling like Fall around here! I love it. But this morning when Rachel and I went for our 6:30 run it was a little too chilly (not for you east coasters but for a So Cal girl like me) guess I am going to have to start busting out those jackets! We went for an easy 2.6mile trail run about 35 minutes . This trail is really started to suck! It winds around and we get lost every time, think we might have to try another.

After the run I went to an hour of kickboxing. Always nice to go on a Saturday morning because I get to see a lot of friends:) It kicked my butt as always and I felt much better then I did on Thursday. I think kickboxing gets my arms more toned then any other exercises. I have always been obsessed with getting my arms in shape. I have always had flabbiness(if that's a word) and it's taken me forever to get them lean and have some muscle. I also believe that lighter free weights with more reps really does work as well, and won't bulk you up. By the way, women won't bulk up unless their taking something!!;) Needless to say after my two hours of exercising this morning I was starved. I did have two pieces of toast with pb before I left this morning, and then a banana on the drive home but was still hungry.

To celebrate the season, I decided to have my first bowl of Fall AKA Pumpkin Oats. I took Kath's oats and mixed it up a bit.



  • 1/2 cup of oats

  • 1/4 cup water

  • 1/2 cup vanilla hemp milk(promise this review is coming tonight!)

  • handful of granola

  • 2 tbs. brown sugar

  • pinch of vanilla

  • pinch of Cinnamon

  • 1/4 cup of pumpkin

  • flax seed

  • drizzle of honey on top

  • couple of golden raisins

On the side I had a little piece of sourdough from Panera which was great for using as a spounge to wipe the bowl clean:)

This afternoon Hubby and I are headed to our coed softball game(yippee..lol) , and then a Costco run O goody:) I still have a long of list of things to do when I get home, hoping to make something for dinner that is a comfort food but healthy...oooo the recipes to choose from!

3 comments:

Trying To Heal said...

ohhh...i know what you mean about the chilliness creeping into so cal...the mornings where i'm at are getting colder with the winds coming straight off the ocean! yikes! time to get out the long sleeves!!!

and your pumpkin oats look amazing!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for stopping by - i love your blog and am so glad i have discovered it! i have yet to make pumpkin oatmeal, though i did squash and loooved it :)

Anonymous said...

I love this time of year and I lvoe xmas too but I am always cold soo that is the NOT enjoyable part