A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Thursday, October 16, 2008

An apple a day keeps the hunger away!

First off I shall start with the Women's group last night. It was a blast! Got home a little early so I was able to get everything together. Hubby was trying to get our bond fire going outside and the wood wouldn't burn. I was a bit disappointed because I thought it would be nice to have our group around the fire, but it wasn't a big deal. Then literally 5 minuets before the girls showed up the fire just started all by itself:) It was perfect!

So the girls trickled in and brought lots of goodies(not real healthy ones) for the spread of food. Pies, cucumber wraps, spinach dip, pasta salad, and cookies! I provided the drinks, apple cider, hot coco, and waters. The meeting was fun, and we all got to know each other a lot better individually. My leader asked us a fun question, "If you were a piece of fruit what would you be and why?". It took us all a bit to answer. I said I would be a tropical piece of fruit, because I love to travel to the tropics:)...lol...corney but I couldn't think of anything else. What would you be?



This morning I was up early for the first time in a while. I got up at 5am almost rolled over and went back to sleep but I didnt. I went to the Y to meet up with running buddy to do a spin class, but there wasn't one so we did the Bosu Boot Camp. It's an hour class that incorporated aerobic exercises with a interesting bosu ball, and weights. I totally dug the weights part. I always need to do more weights so I was excited about that part. The bosu ball is like an exercise ab ball cut in half, reminds me of those things that I used to pop up when I was a kid. Do you remember those? It was like a bouncy ball cut in half and you would push down the middle and it pop up. Ok anyways, you had to use it like a step. The aerobic part is like a step class and instead of using a step you use a bosu ball. I wasn't to good at balancing on it, maybe it just takes a lot of practice. Never the less I burned some calories and that is all worth it!

Got home and made a big bowl of Apple Cinnamon Oats.
Was inspired because of the Fall like day:)


  • 1/2 cup of Oats


  • 1/2 cup of vanilla hempmilk


  • 1/2 cup water


  • 1/2 granny apple sliced up


  • handful of flax seeds


  • handful of walnuts


  • brown sugar on top


  • drizzle of honey


  • a little vanilla


  • a little granola plank


  • spoonful of ZAP new Pb ( working on the review:))


With a shot of Monavie, some coffee for fuel, and some water for hydration.

I am trying to ween off of my CoffeeMate creamers, so today I bought some Vanilla Silk Creamer at the store on the way home, and it's pretty good:)

As you can see I am not much for measuring. I am kinda like Emerald when I cook, I just throw it in and say , "BAM!" lol.

When I got home yesterday I was pleasantly surprised with a box full of goodies from Zap, I have been dying to try there Pb. They are going to do a contest with me so stay tuned.



Today I have work, OMTL study, and then rest...debating if I should go to Kickboxing tonight...we shall see how I feel. Can't wait till FRIDAY! Getting pumped up for my TRI this weekend:)

What I get to do at work:) I love my students!

4 comments:

Trying To Heal said...

mmmm..i hate apple oatmeal this morning too! my boss said it made the office smell like apple pie!

and i can't wait to hear you review of the zap products...i went to their site to read about the products; interesting concept adding in the other veggies and fruit!

Anonymous said...

hmm.. I think I would be an Orange. They can be sweet or sour depending on how they're handled. :)

I've never heard of Zap peanut butter. I'm interested to hear what you have to say about it

HangryPants said...

I think I would be an apple because it's my long time favorite fruit and it's a classic.

Can't wait to hear about the contest!

Anonymous said...

I think if I were a fruit I would want to be a watermelon because to me watermelons make me think of summer camp and birthday parties. Then when I was served I would get to hear children laughing and cover them all with my sticky, juices goodness!