A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

It's a Beautiful Day!

“Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Do it! I say. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows.”Pope Paul VI

Every day is a new day at living, but what if it were your last? My hubby have been going through a book called "One Month to Live". It's about finding thirty days to a no-regrets life. It's been getting me to think a lot. About the future, about the now. What if I had only thirty days to live, how would I spend my time?What would I change?What would stay the same?

Of course the book isn't telling us that we should quit our jobs or do anything unwise. It is simply helping us to make each day matter. It is helping us to understand how to live more passionate, fully alive, and without regrets. I think that I have heard all this book is saying somewhere before in my life, but it is wrapping all of those wonderful inspiring ideas into a beautiful package.

Looking at my life I really don't have all too many regrets yet, but there is one thing that I have wanted to do for a while now that I haven't. Which is going back to school. In my previous post I mentioned how I wanted to get back in to school before it was too late, and now I am going even further and registering, and taking that big dipper! I am ready to take the big risk, because I have full faith that God will see me through it.

I think that what I want to do as a career is exactly where I need to be. So now as I embark on this beautiful journey of becoming an RD it will be something that I hope to share with all of you readers, so that you may be encouraged and excited to be able to step into my shoes!

2 comments:

Fit Mommy said...

Registered Dietition? Sounds like a good plan. Something you're already good at. Always telling me how much fat is in soy milk, ha. Lot of chemistry in food, though. Good at math?

Lance said...

That sounds like a great book to read Bobbi! I think I'll have to check it out myself.

Congrats on taking the next step and registering for school - that's awesome! You're going to do great!!