A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Week Just Hit Me

I am so tired tonight, my eyes are closing as I am typing this. It’s funny that even when you don’t think your tired, your body WILL TELL YOU!!!

Hubby and I had to go straight after work to Hubby’s interview to be the new Girls Basketball Coach at the school I AD at. We were there a lot later then anticipated but it went great and Hubby got the job, congrats Coach McCormick!

I had a gift certificate for a local Thai Restaurant that I have been dying to use, so we decided sense it was late and I was exhausted we would take the opportunity to use it.

We started it off by splitting our favorite soup, Tom Ka Kai.

Picture 222

And of course I ordered some Yellow Tofu Curry with Brown Rice. (mmmm)

Picture 223

I also enjoyed a glass of Pinot.

Picture 221

For the rest of the evening, I have been prepping for my weekend retreat along with my 19 mile run in the morning! I am starting at 6am and hoping to finish by 9:30am. I am kind of excited because I have two friends joining me at two different points to run a couple miles with me, this should help me push through it. I have never done a long run on a weekday, I hope I can still walk!!!

image

I will have a full recap of my LONG RUN in the morning!

Nite Nite

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope you get well rested and have a great long run!!

Nicole said...

Have a good run! And I really like your shoes. I like the pink!

Diana said...

Congrats to your hubbie for getting the job. :)
Have a great run!

Lauren said...

19 miles on a Friday? Now that's ambitious! Good luck hun. You've so got this! :)

Enjoy your day today!

Anonymous said...

good luck on the long run! it's such a great feeling to get those done during the week

Katie said...

Congrats to hubby! 19 on a Friday craziness! I am trying for 9 today I wish I could run 19. good luck ma'am!

Jamie in Arkansas said...

What are you training for Bobbi? I can't remember!

Niki said...

Congrats to hubby!! Good luck on your 19 miler!!

Natalie and Nathan said...

Good luck with that run....wow 19 miles. How does your body handle that? My knees kill after long runs, what do you do to keep your joints healthy?

Natalie and Nathan said...

Good luck with that run....wow 19 miles. How does your body handle that? My knees kill after long runs, what do you do to keep your joints healthy?

Mica said...

Yum, yellow curry and Tom Khai Gai are two of my favorite Thai dishes too!

Have a great run!

brandi said...

congrats to the new coach! so exciting :)

Lisa said...

I think it's so cute how you and the hubs work together and now you guys work at the same school.

Congrats to him for getting the job.

Unknown said...

I had Wed/Veterans Day off...I ran 18.9 (unplanned)... it felt great! My friends thought I was insane...glad that you are a crazy runner too. :) Enjoy your 19!!!

Ali (Food, Fitness, Fashion) said...

WOW! That is a LONG RUN! Good Luck with it! Ans congrats to your hubby!

Anonymous said...

19 miles-- dammmn girl conrats!!! u deserve something delicious to celebrate. have a great weekend

xoxo
shelley

RunToTheFinish said...

yeah for friends to run with! I have 22 tomorrow all by myself, but that's ok it will be great and then I get to see friends yeahhhhhhhh.

Angie Eats Peace said...

Congrats, to your hubby!