Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Whittle Away My Middle
Oh my goodness I woke up this morning thinking it was Monday but it’s TUESDAY! One day closer to the weekend, gotta love it! I was going to do my workout I posted yesterday but my muscles are still super sore this morning so I am going to do it when I get home, that way my muscles are more warmed up. I am also going to start widdling away my middle with Angela’s challenge!
- Plank: 1:05 seconds (arms fully extended)
- Side plank: 30 secs. on each side (arm fully extended)
- Plank with elbows on stability ball: 1 minute
- Stability Ball Jackknifes: 15 reps
- Stability ball roll out: 20 reps
- Plank Rotations: 45 seconds
This morning I made another bowl of Pomegranate Oats!
In the bowl:
- 1/3 c oats + 1/3 cup soy milk + 1/3 cup Rice Nog 1/2 banana
- mixed in cinnamon, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 tbsp flax seed
- toppings: 1/8 Honest Foods Pomegranate Walnut Plank Bar, POM Seeds, Chopped Pecans, and one spoonful of Apple Butter.
Finishing Strong Day Two: A Healthy Baking Recipe from a Reader!
Double Chocolate Pillows
1 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup turbinado sugar
1/3 cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie trays with wax paper. In a large bowl, sift together the first five ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips evenly distributing. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with the oil and extract. Add in the pumpkin and sugar and mix until all is dissolved. Pour the wet into the dry and fold together until fully incorporated(batter will be very thick). Scoop into 24 mounds, flatten, and bake for 10-12 minutes, until puffed and firm to the touch.
Each cookie has about 90 calories, about 1.5g fiber, and 5g whole grains. For Holiday White Chocolate Peppermint pillows, swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate chips and vanilla for peppermint extract
Sounds delicious I think I am going to have to make these tonight! Don’t forget to send me your at home workouts or healthy meal recipes so I can share with everyone!
Off to work where it’s SNOWING!!!!