A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Weekend Recap

Just what weekends were created for; service, chilling, movies, Thai food, Italian food, and prepping.

SATURDAY

IMG_5129

The weekend started off with a service project that Hubby and I did in our community called "Bless Redlands". We gathered along with 300 other people from churches all over our city to go out and serve. Hubby led a team that did some landscaping for a local senior center, and I led a group that went to a convalescent home.

IMG_5128

My group baked cookies and made cards for the Seniors and then went to the home and did chair excersises with them and played games. It was a wonderful time and I hope to go back and visit very soon.

IMG_5130

I need to make more of an effort to step out and serve my community, this really open my eyes to what I can really do for others. It may have seen so small to me, but it was HUGE to them.

IMG_5136

After our morning of service I headed over to Sprint to help my Boss Sandra get her new iPhone! It was a 2 hour process, she was like a little kid at Christmas it was sooo cute.

photo-1

We then relaxed at her house with some other girl friends and watched Arrested Development, and had a little vino.

photo-2

We then all decided to go our for Thai food and see then see the movie 500 Days of Summer. I love me some Thai food!

IMG_5144

Sandra and I spilt two of my faves, Pad Thai and the Yellow Curry Tofu.

IMG_5150

Fortune cookies always remind me of Pac Man.

IMG_5151

I got the best fortune ever, I think I shall frame this one.

IMG_5154

We had some pretty conversations at dinner about hands free cell phones, I think Carly came up with the perfect alternative to a blue tooth.

IMG_5155

500 days of summer was pretty good, I don't think I would see it again but it was entertaining.

SUNDAY

This morning I had a 6 mile run with my cross-country team, it was 3 miles straight up hill and they rocked it!!!!

After Church I wrote down a quick list of things to tackle today, I knew I didn't have time to do it all but it's nice to have everything written down.

IMG_5159

First things first I made a quick healthy wrap. I took a WW Tortilla and topped it with Light Laughing Cow Cheese, Avocado, Spinach, Tomatoes, and Sprouts.

IMG_5160

Then I made it into a taco...mmmmm

IMG_5162

I then went to town on the refrigerator, it needed a major scrub down. Here is the end product, I was pretty proud. Ignore the Sprite in the Fridge, I don't know where it came from?!

IMG_5163

IMG_5165

After I cleaned the entire kitchen and dining room I went to the Market to pick up groceries.

IMG_5167

IMG_5166

I got some more Avocados for only 5o cents a piece! I love getting deals!

IMG_5170

Now our fridge is dressed for the week.

IMG_5174

After shopping Hubby and I headed out to a new Italian Restaurant in town called Ramona's, for our friends Baby Shower dinner. The first thing we noticed were the two stadium seats in the lobby purchased from Wrigley's field!!!!

IMG_5175

I will have to do a full review on this restaurant once I have their pizza!!! We started with bread, which I had two wonderful pieces of.

IMG_5176

Along with their house Cab.

IMG_5177

My entree came with soup and salad, this tomato bisque soup was to die for!!!

IMG_5181

I had about half of my salad and then my main meal came out.

IMG_5180

Chicken Penne Gorgonzola, I shall just call it heaven. I knew that this white cheese was going to tear up my tummy, but I didn't care because it was amazing!

IMG_5183

I ate about half of it and I could have eaten every last bit but I was saving room for Dessert! Look at this beautiful cake, I was pretty full so I really didn't have more then a bite, but I did steal a couple of those chocolate chips off the top ;)


IMG_5186

Hubby ate my piece of cake like a champ!

IMG_5189

Mama Corbitt and her kiddo's, Daddy was called in to work (he is a fire fighter) there are some pretty big fires in town!

IMG_5187

I got to get some baby time in, don't be getting any ideas now ;).

IMG_5191

I am just fine with having my baby at home... Bosco!

IMG_5195

Now we are practicing our Sunday resting position... he likes to copy me :).

IMG_5196

I still have quite a few things to get checked off my list before the weekend is officially over, 1.5 hours until bed time!!!!

What was the highlight of your weekend????

22 comments:

Lizzy said...

your weekend looks wonderful!!! :)

the highlight of mine was for sure my birthday! :)

Haleigh said...

it looks like you had a fantastic weekend! wow, your fridge is super clean.. i wish mine looked half as clean as yours, lol.. i really need to get on that! enjoy your day!

Danielle C. said...

We did the full fridge scrub down last weekend, it looks so amazing and it's nice to know that the place we store our food is very clean and sanitary. I keep thinking I should do it more often, maybe it should be on the monthly chore list? LOL.

We went to the niece's 9th bday party Saturday night, that was a lot of fun. :)

Anonymous said...

i love that your fridge is 'dressed.' that is exactly how i felt after i went grocery shopping last night. so calming to have that all squared away.

what type of dog is bosco? he looks like a dear... and what a perfect furry name!

Anonymous said...

What a packed weekend. 50 cents for avocados? that's riciculous! Your XC team sounds pretty hardcore.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the freebie heads up! I love honey sunshine, but I think I'll give the blueberry a try for something new

Leianna said...

What a great weekend! I'm moving to a new community in a week and found out they have a service project committee for building more trails for running and walking! I'm defintely thinking more about volunteering for especailly after seeing you being busy and still having time for something as important as helping others! Thanks for the inspiration!!

lizzy said...

yeaaa it looks like you had a GREAT weekend, super fun!! your thai meal has me craving thai food at 8am...it looks so delicious! Hope your off to a great start to your week! happy monday!

brandi said...

what a fun weekend!

highlight of mine was nice weather and a good run yesterday.

Nicci said...

I was sick this weekend, but looks like you had a great one! I think it's cool you run with your cross country kids. I never had a coach actually run with us in track!

Niki said...

Wow! Busy weekend! My weekend was spent studying all day everday so the only highlight was an awesome run Sunday morning!

Lauren said...

You seriosuly have the best weekends. I have no idea how you manage to fit in all these wonderful things, but every weekend, you amaze me! Love you girl!

No Longer Using said...

SO FUN and productive!!!!!!!!! so your xc team runs on the weekend???? awesome they ran 3 miles of hills! and 3 more miles to boot :)

Anonymous said...

awwww you look so cute with a baby;)

nice avocado deal holy moly!
and an iphone at sprint o.O wha? lol
-muffy

Jeri said...

great steal on the avos. they're 2.50 each here. so sad. looks like a fun weekend. :)

Pam (Highway to Health) said...

What a great fortune! I, too, would be like a kid at Christmas if I was getting an iPhone. My boyfriend has one and I want to steal it!

Rosey Rebecca said...

That's awesome that you hang out with your boss! That bread and pasta looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

I got SCUBA certified this weekend! Some how being 25 feet underwater doesn't seem so bad once you get there!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so jealous you've seen 500 Days of Summer, not once, but twice!! I want to see it soon!

I cooked jambalaya and drank wine with the girls on Friday night, and that was definitely the highlight of my weekend :)

RunToTheFinish said...

aww that was a great post, filled with all kinds of great stuff..particularly carly OMG!

I should clean out my fridge...maybe that's what I will do Friday on my comp day!

Angie Eats Peace said...

We got Romano's to-go the other night. I thought it was pretty good. Definitely have to go there again.

Anonymous said...

i am so jealous of your fity cent avacados... this past weekend they were on sale two for $2.50 and organic are $2.98 each