A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jump Jump

Is anybody else feeling the heat?! Working in the mountains is so nice it’s cool and breezy, but once down the hill the 100 degree weather kicks in, but at lease I don’t have the Memphis humidity!

Today’s lunch was the same as yesterdays , no need for pics. I did have quite a bit of fruit today (that never made it to my camera), watermelon, peach, an apple, and apricots! I just love summer fruits and just can’t get enough of them. On the way home from work today I was dreading my evening workout session with Jillian. The weather just turns my soul off to working out.

Some how I managed to get one sweaty living room workout in!! This book is seriously kicking my butt big time!!! I have never been more challenged, (well maybe a little in marathon training).

Have you ever tried a scorpion push up?

1 006

1 005

Or how about a knee tuck jump?!

1 022

1 023

1 021

Hubby wanted to try too!

1 028

1 029

1 026

After our HARDCORE workout I cooked some smoked turkey sausage with brown rice and a green bean medley.

1 038

I added a little BBQ sauce to the mix, simple and delicious!

1 040

Ok gotta run, we have a show to catch!!!

Question: What is the hardest/most challenging workout you have ever done??

21 comments:

Niki said...

You are right about not having the Memphis humidity! It's awful right now! That workout sounds tough!! I guess I would say that I feel I can challenge myself the most with running!!

Mica said...

You and the hubby look so hardcore doing that workout!

Angie Eats Peace said...

Ugh.
I am so feeling the heat and has definitely been sucking out my running motivation.

Jillian's No More Trouble Zones is one of the hardest strength training DVD's I have ever done.

Unknown said...

i'd have to say speedwork in the middle of a hot, humid summer day. oops ;)

you guys are too cute!

Andee (Runtolive) said...

One of the most challenging workouts I've done is called a Hurricane workout. I did it with my personal trainer and it was pretty much an hour of non-stop moving. After a set of weights, I would hop on a treadmill and sprint at a pace of 7 min/mile at a steep incline for 3 minutes, then we would go back to the weights and do the treadmill again or change it up and sprint on the bikes or elliptical. It was hardcore!

Anonymous said...

WOWSA! Super cool action shots :)
-muffy

Anonymous said...

hardest workout? doing a bootcamp style workout with a mixed martial arts coach (like UFC style). and I am NOT an MMA kind of girl. I wanted to collapse!

Awesome action shots! :-)

Anonymous said...

hardest workout? doing a bootcamp style workout with a mixed martial arts coach (like UFC style). and I am NOT an MMA kind of girl. I wanted to collapse!

Awesome action shots! :-)

Anonymous said...

I've never heard of the scorpion push up, they look hard. In soccer we use to do the knee tuck jump.

HangryPants said...

It is definitely not that hot here. Knock on wood!!!! But my best friend is in Arizona and she is baking.

The push ups look beyond intense! Wowsa.

healthy ashley said...

Those workouts look intense! I've never heard of the scorpion push-up! I'm loving the walking push-up (is that what it's called?) from the 30-day shred!

Unknown said...

It's not that hot here but it's been pretty hot. I'm just glad the humidity has gone down.

My hardest workouts are with my trainer because she shows NO mercy!

I need to pick up making the cut - I'm sure I'd love the exercises!

jessica said...

wow Bobbi!! Those pics are amazing! Love the definition in your legs and arms!

Last night I actually did Jillian Michaels' Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and it was tough!!! I need to do a lot more work in my arms and shoulders

RunToTheFinish said...

seriously she has some amazing workouts in there!! I am no good with the crazy jumping...but I keep saying I'm going to get in to bootcamp...seriously now that I'm feeling better it may be time!

brandi said...

that push up looks crazy!

Anonymous said...

Jillian is crazy no doubt, but that book works miracles!

Meghann said...

You need to send me a copy of that book! Unfortuantely I can't doo knee jumps like that in my living room as I live on the second story. Maybe I should try it on my next tennis court work out. Love it!

Rose said...

That workout looks intense! I scrolled quickly, and it looks like stop motion - try it!

Sidenote: I love the decor of your living room! It reminds me that I need style.

Quinn said...

That circuit training looks RIDICULOUS! And the scorpion push-ups? Seriously?

Lauren @ Team Giles said...

loving the hubby/wife workout session. You two are so hardcore! :)

Anonymous said...

hahahah I love your hubby enthusiasm!! How's that book/plan going? I've seen it in the stores and am curious...