A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Margaritas,Fondue & a 7 mile Run!

Friday nights are all about relaxation and my most favorite night of the whole week! I love getting together with my two BFF’s and their Hubby’s but we some how never do it enough. We need to change that!!

We started the evening with some “real” Margarita’s, keeping in the spirit of Cinco De Mayo week;) Brandon the bartender, makes a mean Margarita!

photo1

There is nothing like a Margarita after a long hard week! 

photo3

D really was enjoying hers! 

photo2

This cocktail hour was complete with veggies,bread and cheese fondue. I had my fare share of it all, I tried to stay light on the cheese,sometimes it doesn't sit well with me. 

photo11

Fondue makes such a wonderful appetizer!

photo4

I love the way the silverware was in bed together, they looked so cute.photo6

Brandon was too sweet to grill me some chicken because I can’t eat steak the night before a run. I am not sure what it is, but my stomach always feel queasy the next morning, and I normally don’t ever eat any red meat so chicken is a great alternative. This meal was perfect, I love steamed broccoli and Yukon potatoes,I will be making these in the near future!

photo7

This picture is for all your MEAT LOVERS out there, here is some eye candy for you!

photo5

Ginger made the most delicious and easy dessert, I haven’t had one of these sense I was a kid! 

photo8

Holy yum! A dessert pizza(oops I said cookie)!! I know what I am making for our Mother's Day Potluck!!! 

photo9

My slice, I may or may not have had another….

photo10

I think we all liked it a lot!! 

photo11

It was the perfect ending to a long week, we even busted out Ginger’s old high school scrapbook and reminisced about the high school years…I can’t believe that I have known these two ladies for over 15 years! I can’t wait to grow old with these two.

We didn’t get home until after 11:30pm, and I had a 4:30am wake up call! I knew I would be tired, but it was so worth it. I woke up this morning pretty groggy to say the least and fought my way to meet up with m running group. I almost turned the car around several times, but knew I would rather run 7 miles with them, then by myself later in the HEAT! It was great, I am so glad I went. I got to share with them all about Boston and here about their wonderful races too.

Running Stats: 7 miles, 9:15pace, 1:03 minutes, and burned 700 calories!!!

Surprisingly I was ok, even after such a heavy meal last night. I was a little hungry on the run but my body felt great! I am back in the game, I missed running can’t wait to get back to my training again! When I got home I made a Green Monster, I am having brunch with Skinny Bride at 10am so I wanted to keep it light.

Saturday Agenda

  • Clean Kitchen&Bathroom
  • Put Clothes Away(hubby did laundry, he is so a keeper)
  • Brunch With SB
  • Blog
  • Pick Up Mothers Day Gift & Go to the Market
  • Cook
  • Dinner Party for My Beautiful Cousin Celina

Hope you are having a wonderful, beautiful, and peaceful Saturday!

P.S. Click Here to Help Bobbi Run the San Diego Rock N Roll Marathon this May!

12 comments:

Run Sarah said...

Looks like it was an awesome night! I love fondue, it's so much fun.

Leah @ Simply Fabulous said...

Great night you had!

Congrats on getting out there for such a good run this morning!

Just curious, have you ever done 30 Day Shred? I forget if you've mentioned it on the blog before. I'm in the midst of doing it at the moment and it's great.

Trying To Heal said...

what a great night! sounds like a lot of fun, and i love the cookie pizza! i haven't had one since i was a kid either!

RunToTheFinish said...

i don't drink often, but when I do it's usually a very good margarita!

Niki said...

What a great night! Glad your run was good!

Pearl said...

aww bobbi how fun! i love seeing how close you and your high school friends are :)

Meredith said...

The dessert looks so good! I may try to re-create that tomorrow for Mother's Day.

Unknown said...

what a fun night!! great run :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun night!! Me and my friends like to call that dessert, "Dessert Pizza!!" It's delicious :)

Glad you had a good run today!

janetha said...

yum i love fruit pizza! (that is what we call it here) and it is so delish! fondue is always fun, and the rest of the meal looked yummy too. man i wish i could eat solid foods, i gotta stop looking at all these food blogs! i got 5 on it for your run fundraiser!

Anonymous said...

I was going to ask what marathon you were running next, then I saw San Diego on the bottom! I heard great things about that race.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Sarah said...

I have a question: I'm really curious about calculating how many calories are burned during a run. I've heard an average of 100 calories per mile - maybe a little less if you weigh less than 150. I've seen some bloggers estimate around 80 calories or less per mile, but it seems like you calculate more. Would you mind sharing how you calculate what you've burned during a run?