A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

BBQ Tofu is This Girl’s Middle Name

I had a wonderful sweaty workout at AKB tonight, my body was so sore from last night’s class that I almost didn’t go, I am so glad I did!! I don’t think I ever regret a workout after it said and done.

On the way home I thought about all the wonderful things I could make for dinner, and I just couldn’t get BBQ tofu off the brain, so BBQ tofu it was.

fridge 014

I also had some mini sweet potato and yams that I picked up at TJ’s on the way home. I covered them in black beans and had a delicious strawberry and goat cheese spinach salad. 

fridge 007

These baby sweet potatoes are perfect for me!

photo2

We bought 4 pounds of strawberries this week because they were on sale, so I am sure you will be seeing these a lot this week.

My lunch today was Salad+Soup. I forgot to take the pic of my Tj’s low sodium tomato soup so what you see here is the end:)

photo1 photo3

I am getting up super early tomorrow to run with Fast Jill! This will be my second, but longest run sense the marathon. I am still contemplating whether or not I should do the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon, my legs fill good but I don’t want to jinx myself. Either way I will be out there to cheer on my ladies!

Tomorrow’s plan:

  • 5:15am: Wake Up Call
  • 5:45: 3.5 mile run
  • 6:30: Yoga for Runners+Foam Roller Exercises
  • 7:00:  Shower,Breakfast,and Blog
  • 10-6pm Work
  • 6:30pm: Fun Dinner
  • 7:30: finish unpacking
  • Catch up on TBL!!!!!

Night Folks! My May Challenge will be up first thing tomorrow morning so get excited!!!!!!

8 comments:

Moran said...

Can't wait to read about the challenge!!

Run Sarah said...

Interested to hear about the May challenge! Your dinner has all of my favourite foods, I swear...spinach and strawberries go so well together in salads!

Pearl said...

ahh i missed those gorgeous plates of yours! :)

Mica said...

Those baby sweet potatoes are the perfect size. I've just been buying the massive ones and cutting them in half.

I love how you call your running buddy "Fast Jill" since I think of you as "Speedy Bobbi".

RunningLaur said...

4 pounds of strawberries? wow, delish!

Hooray for the May Challenge too!

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

I totally agree about feeling so good after a workout!

Dinner looked great! Strawberries are always such a nice add to a salad.

Ashley & Bo said...

You're so right about never regretting a workout! I contemplated going to Physique on Monday night after doing elliptical and bike that morning since i'd run the half in Central Park Sunday but I loved it! I took yesterday off and am back at it running today! I can't wait for your challenge! Honor your body and be careful! By the way, hop on over to my site today and add your favorite recipe! I bet you have some great ones:)

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM! YUM!.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com