A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up+ Baking Fun

Well this weekend ended up being quite relaxing despite having sinus issues. Saturday I was feeling the worst and told hubby we had to get out of the house!!!  I quickly looked online for a new place to hit up dinner. Well if you know anything about the IE(inland empire) you know we are overpopulated with CHAIN restaurants. I wanted something small and quaint, or lively and enchanting. We had to get of this city.

We drove out to downtown Claremont, about an hour away and a true college town. We can’t believe we have never been there before! There was so many neat little boutiques and a variety of ethnic foods! We saw a health food store, and you just know I HAD to go in!

photo13 

The Ecoterra was my kind of place. You could order fresh salads, and wonderful all veggies and fruit juices. I even saw a Green Goddess on the menu!

photo12

I finally found some Wheat BERRIES!!! I have been looking everywhere:) They were only $2. I am so excited to try them in my oatmeal and salads this week.

photo

We walked the whole downtown, and then chose to eat at La Parolaccia, which means the “Bad Language”. It was anything but bad.

photo10

photo9photo8

We started with some warm sourdough bread slices with a tasty sundried tomato spread. Why don’t all Italian restaurants have this?! I also enjoyed a glass of Syrah. Heck it’s Italian how could I resist!

photo7 My Dish: Risotto isola d’'Elba Italian Arborio rice with grilled chicken, scallops, asparagus, cherry tomato,little garlic, white wine and fresh parsley. I asked for goat cheese instead of parmesan. oooo too die for!!!! I love Risotto, I can’t believe I have never ordered it before. I could have eaten the whole thing, but I saw a local FroYo place near by so I saved some room :)

Look at Hubby’s HUGE Calzone!!

photo6 

Just like I thought we stopped to get some FroYo before heading out. The place was called 21 Flavors! It was like a Cold Stone, but with frozen yogurt.

photo5  photo4

Yes there were that many choices to be added in!  It was sooo hard to choose!

I went with the Snicker doodle yogurt, and added some Heath bar peices in. Truly Sinful! At least it was a small.

photo2

SUNDAY NO LONG RUN!!!!

Went to bed at 9:30pm and woke up at 8am!!! YES! I was feeling a little better, still had the sore throat and all. Was determined to still go on my long run after Church. Well it started raining so I decided to try and do my long run at the gym. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

First off check out my Sunday Waffles! Peaches, Blueberries, and Bananas. I topped it off with a dollop of Tj’s Greek Yogurt and some Agave Nectar!!! HEAVEN!

photo3 
Ok back to the gym. I started off ok, trying to stay optimistic, but not even 15 minutes into my run I started to feel all the congestion and crap come up and knew this was a bad idea. I ended up only running 4 miles and then calling it quits. I was so mad, but knew that I shouldn’t have even tried to RUN! This is the second long run I have missed in a ROW! I still have almost 2 months until the marathon I hope this is OK?!

Edited to add: After my lousy run I sat in the sauna for 20 minutes! It felt amazing didn’t even know my gym had one of these!

When I got home I kept busy all day! I cleaned the whole house, and managed to make quite a tasty dinner.photo20

I had torn out a recipe from my Cooking Light Magazine last week and have been dying to make it.

photo25

A mixture of sated tofu,lots of veggies, pad Thai noodles, and romaine lettuce.  The perfect way to finish the weekend.

photo23

I then decided to make hubbys co-workers some of Angela’s Healthy Baked Banana Donuts for him to take to work tomorrow. I have been dying to try this recipe. I am not a baker but these seemed easy enough.

photo26 Bosco watching me bake!

photo22Look at these beauties!!! I only had one banana but they still turned out amazing! Dunkin Donuts eat your heart out! Oh and I added a little powdered sugar to to the top. photo21

WOW that was a long post, I am currently drinking my chamomile tea and planning out my week. I love Mondays, it’s a FRESH new start! I need that:) What are you looking forward to this week???? Night Night.

22 comments:

Lance said...

Hi Bobbi,

Claremont sounds like a fun visit!

...and Dunkin Donuts is now running scared, as you build your donut empire! (oh wait, that's going to require lots of baking...maybe they're okay yet!)

Hope you're feeling 100% soon...

Mica said...

Those donuts look really cool! I want to try!

Those pictures of the restaurant and fro-yo places look awesome. The boyfriend's brother goes to school in Claremont, so we might just have to visit him...and eat froyo and massive calzones! Yessss!

HEAB said...

I love that you love Mondays - you don't hear that often.

That Snickerdoodle yogurt and your donuts look amazing...as well as the tofu dish. OK, so I'm totally drooling over here!

Hope you're feeling better today...I bet the sauna felt so good! I think it was okay to skip the long run...your body needed the rest.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Soooo much fun and deliciousness!!

Bosco is too cute :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Bobbi! I'm glad you stopped running. Your body needs rest. The sauna sounds lovely - yum yum.
That fro yo sounds perfect! I love toffee more than any other candy, period!
Do you think you'll feel better soon? I hope so! I'm looking forward to working out this week (last week I didn't do as much as I like to) and going to Dallas this wknd!

Denise said...

Wheatberries are on my list of things to find, too. I'm going to check TJs to see if they have them.

Good call on stopping the run, you need some rest. Don't worry about the training. Everyone has set backs, you'll still be fine.

Anonymous said...

I am going to have to try the banana donuts! And, a forzen yogurt place like cold stone, how awesome.

Meghann said...

Those donuts look great!

I'm so sorry you couldn't handle the long run yesterday, just breathe and remember there is awlays next week and your body will be back to normal. (crosses fingers for you)

LOVe the FroYo place as well. 21 flavors? Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

I love exploring too! Although we don't do it nearly enough. :)

This week? I'm looking forward to knocking out some projects and getting my running back on track. The past two weeks have been bad and I need a full run week to make me feel better!

No Longer Using said...

claremont sounds like an awesome place!!!!!! and oh my, i need to look up that recipe for those donuts,... i am drooling!!! hehehe. i love your take on starting the week-- what to look forward to (so often i am anxious about what's coming, but i should just twist how i look at it). i'm sure you'll ATTACK your next run when you are feeling better, maybe a little rest is not a bad thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bobbi, don't stress about the run, you have been so successful with your running and a few missed runs won't hurt you...but staying sick for a while will, so GET BETTER! :)

Happy Monday! Thanks for the positive outlook on Mondays. :)

Kaneil, balanceisbest

3T Heppenstall said...

LOTS of good stuff in this post!! I would love to try your doughnut reciope!! They look amazing!

No stresses about the run! Just like everyone else said, you NEED the rest! And I know that you won't that (VERY) minor set back keep you from reaching your goal.

Looks like a fun trip to Claremont! We never have been out there before either even though I have good things about it.

Have a great Monday!

Anonymous said...

Sun dried tomato spread? That sounds AMAZING!

that froyo place looks so fun! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a weekend! 20 minutes in the sauna? Yikes! :)

Anonymous said...

This week i'm looking forward to getting back on my running schedule!!

Unknown said...

ooh, lovely donuts! i've been meaning to try them :) hope that congestion kicks the bucket soon, i'm sure the sauna helped!

Anonymous said...

what cute pics of you guys at the italian restaurant, and the food looks delicious.
those donuts make me think you are a baker and didn't even know it!

Tyler said...

wow, those look a lot better than dunkin donuts! yumm!

Anonymous said...

Those donuts look awesome! Kick Dunkin Donuts in the ass!

Anonymous said...

your post yeseterday motivated me to make those donuts! Holy yum!! I didn't have powdered sugar in the house but my girlfriend actually added some pb to the top...they were great! I add in some oats for some of the white flour and they were a nice addition.
I love your blog!

TC said...

I guess to de-lurk I'll welcome you to Claremont, my stomping ground for the last three and a half years! It truly is a fun place to come visit because of all the little boutiques and it is nice to finally have that health food store that you mentioned! It, and the 21 Choices, is in the new part of town and we are so excited to have both! Sometime you should come out and try the Kiwi-Beary. MMM...delicious fro-yo!

Brian said...

Keep those tofu ideas coming!

21 flavors looks awesome, I love Coldstone!