A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

None of Us Get Out of it Alive…

The title of my post this morning, is from P.S. I Love You. I thought it was so true, and so inspiring. We all get to live this life with the ups and downs, and in the end none of us get out of it alive.

Yesterday ended up quite well. Not anymore productive, but nice. I made myself a nice plate of leftovers, which is one of the best things about cooking Christmas dinner.

december27th 002

Hubby and I then went over to the Heppinstall’s for a fun game night, which included pizza and brownies. I had two slices of pizza but no brownies. We played this present game that I have never heard of before. You basically pick a number on the dice and then pass the dice from person to person. Each person rolls and tries to get the number that was picked, for instance the number that someone picked was 1 so we were all trying to roll a 1. If you roll 1 you have to put on oven mitts and try and open this large gift, everyone else keeps rolling and when someone else rolls a 1 then they get to try and open the gift, and so on and so on. The box had boxes in it that were wrapped so just when you thought you were about to win, there would be another box to open. Finally someone got to the last box and they won $10. I think I want to start making this a family tradition. I wish I would have taken pictures, but I forgot my camera.

SUNDAY MORNING

I woke up late this morning, 8am. I took some medicine last night because I had a runny nose all day yesterday and I think it knocked me out. I felt all groggy when I woke up which SUCKS! I went straight for the coffee and then made a Sunday morning treat for one. Hubby is still asleep. I wanted something new, and I am out of oatmeal so I made,

Whole Wheat PumpkinCran French Toast:

I mixed 1 egg and 1 egg white with a little skim milk, pumpkin spice, and 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin. Then I dipped two pieces of whole wheat bread in to the mixture and cooked for about 3 minutes on each side. Topped with warm cranberry sauce, powdered sugar and a drizzle of Agave Nectar.

december27th 003

december27th 004

The perfect Sunday treat.

Today's Agenda

  • Church
  • Ultimate Kickboxing Holiday Luncheon
  • Walk or Run a little
  • Goals for 2009
  • Review
  • Contest
  • Read more of my new book
  • Prep meals for next week
  • Game night at the Meads

december27th

Have a relaxing and wonderful Sunday everyone!

20 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Looks like a busy day. I look forward to reading about your 2009 goals!

RunToTheFinish said...

love the game!! That is such a fantastic idea to have fun with a group. I think I will try to remember that for our holiday next year.

3T Heppenstall said...

Yay! I'm glad you liked my game! You seemed like such a pro unwrapping the presents with those oven mitts on! We did all the work so that the person who unwrapped the least won the prize. But it was really fun. It was absolutely GREAT seeing you and your hubby. Good job on not eating the brownies by the way. We can't stop They will probably ALL be gone by the end of the day. Yeah, we are SO bad.

And that French Toast looks SO good. You're so creative with your food.

Tina said...

Yummy French toast! I bet that flavor combination is delicious!!!!!!!!

HangryPants said...

What a fun game! I've never heard of it. The French Toast looks wonderful!

Every Gym's Nightmare said...

oooo im sitting down to write my goal list next!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

Trying To Heal said...

sounds like a busy but great day! hope you had a good one!

can't wait to hear your goals!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point said...

can you email me recommendations for San Fran? we have the napa plan all done!

Megan said...

mmm that french toast, genius!

i'm so glad you mentioned writing goals for 2009, i really need to do that. i always wait til last minute, this way i can reallllly think on it.

Unknown said...

That french toast looks delish!!

Anonymous said...

That game sounds really fun! Have a great day and definitely post your goals if you want. I'd love to hear what they are. :)

Marci said...

That french toast looks yummy. I love all of your great recipe ideas.

Mica said...

Love the French toast pics! Hope you had a nice Sunday, lady!

Julianne said...

Those are some awesome food photos!! Yum! Looking forward to reading your goals for next year!

Anonymous said...

Umm...could that French toast look any more appealing? I think not! YUM, Bobbi!

I love the movie P.S. I Love You, although I cried soo much during it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bobbi,

I found you through Lance's Jungle of Life. Wow, I'm impressed by your blog (and felt hungry just looking at your food pics in this post!)

Great work with your running. My goal this year is to run a half marathon, but I can't start training till my left knee heals from an old injury aggravated by too much running the last few months.

Thanks for the inspiration to work on my running!

Anonymous said...

The french toast looks very good. You have been really busy this last week.

Can't wait to read about your 2009 goals.

No Longer Using said...

OOooh goals! excellent! i'm such a list-person :) definitely a notebook and notepad writer, too!!! i will be posting my goals soon :)

brienne said...

what a coincidence! i made french toast last night!! your's looks super yummy. i made apple cranberry french toast... super easy! put some cinnimon, vanilla, and a tiny amount of water on some cut apples and cranberry's and microwave. fix your french toast. top french toast with cranapple mixture. super yummy! hope you guys had a fabulous chrismas!!!! :)

Fit Mommy said...

French toast looks great. I made my list of goals yesterday and there are LOTS of them!!