A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

GREEN ACERS IS THE PLACE FOR ME

TUESDAY RECAP

Alright folk we had a very fun filled Tuesday that I know y’all have all been dying to hear about it…lol

SOUTHERN EATING #5

Hubby and I went to Huey’s this afternoon to meet up with some old college friends. I thought we were going to DIE on the way there because Memphis drivers are crazy, and I thought California drivers were bad. I love Huey’s, it’ such a fun and relaxing atmosphere and I hear they have great burgers. I am not a big hamburger eater, and because we have eaten out a lot already I wanted to be a little good. I ordered a side salad and a West Coast burger, go figure. It had a wheat bun, onion and guacamole. I asked for bbq on the side because they have some of the best bbq sauce around! The turkey burger was HUGE, probably had just as much FAT as a regular burger none the less it was yummy!


I miss Big B and Jenny. Big B was my best guy friend in college and because he is 6’11 he protected me like a big brother! Jenny and I trained for my first marathon together but because of conflicting schedule she wasn’t able to finish, but she was the only one at the finish line that came to support ME!!! THANKS JENNY!

CASHING IN OUR WINNINGS

A couple of week ago I received 5 free smoothies, from SMOOTHIE KING, thanks KERF for doing the contest! Hubby and I made a smoothie trip and I got a small mocha smoothie and hubby got a kiwi and strawberry smoothie! We saved them for our dinner dessert.


SOUTHERN EATING #6

Sadly it was our last night in Memphis, before we head out to Mississippi to the FIL’s farm. That’s right my FIL lives on a freaking huge FARM! He has a huge garden with corn, purple hole peas, squash, cabbage, and so so much more! He also has goats, and 2 huge dogs! I remember the first time I visited we drove around his farm and he had all these beautiful fields of grass and he told me how the dear came and ate at it, I thought that was cute until he told me that in exchange he got to have dear for DINNER!!! Lol…I was so naive.

Anyways back to eating, we had dinner with my college roomy Jess and her fiancé Josiah. It was so nice to catch up and hear about all their fun wedding plans. I am so happy for her and I can’t wait to come back in March for their big day!!! We ate at one of my very favorite restaurants, The American Café. I was tempted to try something different but I went with my usual, the Hawaiian Chicken Salad! It has lots of yummy grilled chicken, walnuts, pineapple, an orange right in the middle, coconut, and a skewer of shrimp on top. Not just good but pretty also! I love the presentation of food too, do any of you appreciate that too? I also had two glassed of Pinot Noir, hey I am on vacation and I had a SALAD for dinner!!!


FREAKY FRIDGE

Ok let me just start with this, I love my MIL (mother in law) she is great! Hubby and I were blessed to stay at her house in Memphis this week, thank you Mary. Well I needed something from the freezer and when I went to open it (this is the extra freezer in the garage) we found this.

She lives alone, why does she need this much food? I think it is because she is storing up in case of emergency. Otherwise why in the world would she have this MUCH food! Hubby says that she says “they were on sale and just in case she might need them”. WOW that’s all I have to say, WOW.

Is there a freaky fridge that you have seen in your lifetime? Would you be willing to share?

WRAP UP

Alright to conclude this post I would post all the competitors of the POTM.
Here they are, and you guys rock keep Piling On Those Miles!!! I am so proud of each and everyone for working so hard, and being so disciplined and determined!!!!
Lindsay @ Love of Oats
Melissa @ Trying to Heal
Kaolee @ Girl on Top
Catherine @ Stevia and Spice
Heather @ Hangry Pants
Andrea @ Off her Cork
Caitlin @ See Bride Run
Amanda @ Run to Finish
Monica @ RunEatRepeat
Jennie Kim (a wonderful reader)
Catie(another wonderful reader)
Kelsey (reader)
Amisha (reader)

15 comments:

Trying To Heal said...

what great southern eats!!! and that freezer is Hilarious!!!! i think my grandma's freezer was like that when i was younger...except it was always usually ICE CREAM!!!

yay for POTM contestants! can't wait to hear how we all do!!

Anonymous said...

Great eats!

And wow, that is one stuffed freezer! Anything for me? =D

Mica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fitnessista said...

i can't believe that freezer!! CRAZY!
love all of the eats.. especially smoothie king! yum!
have a great evening <3

Mica said...

(Sorry. Repost. Made a typo.)

Miz Speedy McSpeederson, I'd love to be on your list of POTM competitors if that's still okay. But I *totally* understand if it's too late or you're too busy staring at RIDICULOUS fridges in the South.

Mica said...

Okay, I'm responding to your post on my blog in real time. Aha!

Thanks for adding me. And I am keeping track of my miles, which is a first. I usually just do some sort of "average" in my head, and that never works...But POTM has inspired me! Yippee!

Anonymous said...

Looks like ya'll are having so much fun!! I think the freezer depicts our pantry very much; my ma and her family always store tons of food and its the same in our house. When I asked her why she said that her grandma (who was in the Holocaust) says its necessary for a "black day". So I guess there is some reason behind it all!

Anonymous said...

looks like a great time!

that freezer is jammed-packed!!! too funny :)

Anonymous said...

Haha, that freezer cracks me up! My MIL's fridge and freezer is exactly the same. She likes to buy everything on sale and stocks up. You can't even see anything in there! So funny!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are having such a fab time, girl! It's so nice to catch up with old friends! Your friend, Big B, is SOOOO tall!! :)

Those fridge shots are classic ... wow! I'm speechless beyond that! I've never seen anything like it!!

Yes - I love to have a pretty presentation when I eat ... it makes the food THAT much better!

tfh said...

I love your expression in that freezer photo. Classic! But definitely not as freaky as my aunt's huge freezer-- they're farmers and hunters and often you'll open that thing up and see half an animal staring back at you. Ahhh!

Anonymous said...

Wow that is a pretty packed freezer! Our freezer can look that way sometimes but half of it is Rocky's food and the other half meat products for us. Not too many frozen dinner things.

Looks like you all are having a blast! Hooray for vacations!

And I'm totally doing 3.4 miles tomorrow!

HangryPants said...

That freezer is ridiculous! hahaha :D

Well, I've enjoyed seeing Memphis, but am really interested to see the farm. Safe travels.

Oh yeah, I will be running 5 miles tomorrow!

RunToTheFinish said...

oh my word...that freezer is pure insanity! I can't even imagine she could eat it all before it goes bad! I'm sort of the opposite of a pack rat and that frig is proof that we don't need a freezer beyond our frig!

Anonymous said...

Are their Girl Scout Cookies in her freezer? I think she's worse then me!

Yay for countodwon to POTM! I can't wait to post all about my results! :)