Thursday, October 2, 2008
All my bags are packed I am ready to go!
2 pieces of whole wheat bread
- For out of town races in particular, don't wait until the night before you travel to collect and pack needed items. Rather, make a list of things you wish to take and begin getting them together in the days prior to your departure.
- Whether you're running in your hometown marathon or traveling out of town, collect everything you need to take to the race site for your workout bag and have it ready the night before the race. Also, pin your race number to the front of your singlet or t-shirt. It's a good idea to take along an extra roll of toilet paper in case there's none remaining when you visit the bathroom or port-o-potty. You'll have enough on your mind race morning, let alone worrying about items you need to wear or take to the starting line.
- Plan for all types of weather as conditions can change rapidly. It's better to pack everything you might need rather than having to scurry around a new city looking for clothing and/or accessories at the last minute.
- For races held in cold conditions, consider bringing some clothing that you can discard during the race after you warm up.
- If you are traveling out town, be sure to pack healthy snack foods you may wish to eat the weekend of the marathon. Eliminate the need to search for a grocery store that stocks your favorite foods.
Emergency contact list (phone numbers and email addresses)Medical Alert (if needed)
Shorts ( for me a skirt)
Warm-Ups (Jacket and Long Pants)
T-Shirt (Long and Short Sleeve)
Rain Jacket (not sure Ill need this)
Ipod and Garmin( still need to make my running mix!)
Other Handy Items:
Body Glide, Skin Lube, or Vaseline
Lock for locker
Race Confirmation (to receive race number, if applicable)
Analgesic Cremes (e.g., Ben Gay, Myoflex, etc.)
ID Tags (for you and your bag)
Sample Size Toiletries
Possible* Food Items:
Gel Energy Supplements
Snack/Pre-Race Items (e.g., Bagels, Muffins, Fruit, etc.)
Sports Drinks(HEED) and recovery
I am so afraid of forgetting something but I know if I have the essentials I should be ok! We leave tomorrow morning at 7 am to head out to Utah, 6 hour drive. Today I have work till 5:30, dinner, hoping to eat fish and veggies, and then One Month to Live study, more tempting snacks but I am bringing snack tonight!!! Any ideas of what to take for a healthy snack that everyone will love???? Well got to go pack, have a happy Thursday, it's a FRIDAY for me!