A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, August 10, 2008

What a Run What a Run What a MIGHTY Good Run!

This past Friday morning was a thrilling adventure. The girls and I met up at 4:30am to run our 18miler! We started out uphill into the night. We turned the corner and all street lights were off and we couldn't see a thing. It was fun, and kinda thrilling. Rachel was yelling out to the mountain lions to stay away, Meagan was freaked out, and I was trying to run as fast as I could to get out of there. It was a tale I will have to tell my children one day. When we got out of the dark the run was beautiful, seeing the sky light up and running in the coolness of the morning was perfect. We kept a steady pace and I was feeling pretty good. When all of a sudden my stomach started cramping, pretty bad. I thought to myself "my body is feeling great, why this!". So at about mile 14 I decided to try and go the bathroom, (at 4am it's a little hard to go before the run) so I slowed down and hit the orange groves, unsuccessful. Then I ran to the market and tried their bathrooms, still no movement, I had broke from the group so I just walked a bit around the store to get rid of the cramps. Then I took off and finished at 17.50miles! I was proud that even though I thought my intestines were going to explode I still took off and finished. After contemplating what could have made me sick, I think it was the Cytomax, not that it makes everybody sick but it was the first time I tried it and I was mixing it with other recovery drinks along the way, bad bad idea! But I learned from my mistake and I hope to never get cramps again they suck!

No comments: