A blog about my journey as an athlete and a woman. Come step into her shoes...

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Her Big News

What a super productive Sunday!!

This morning Hubby and I taught Sunday School for the 1-6 graders. We had a lot of fun running and jumping all over the place, boy did they all have a lot of energy :).

After Church I wrote down a must do list to get as much done today as possible, and all of it is almost crossed off!!

  • Clean Kitchen
  • Dust and Mop Entire House
  • Clean up old office
  • Pack for Colorado
  • Make Dinner
  • Blog
  • Send out WWR Team one last email
  • Research for a new exciting job!! (No I am not quitting Forest Home, just doing something super exciting on the side)

What the sink used to look like, not anymore :).

monday 106

Love having clean floors!! 

monday 107

My packing today was a little difficult, because I have no idea what to expect as far as the weather in Colorado. I just went ahead and over packed :).

monday 112

monday 111

When I pack I always lay out all my outfits, that way I can see what exactly I have, and if it is really necessary or not.

For this trip I brought 2 skirts, capri's, pants, 2 tank tops, short sleeve shirts, one long sleeve shirt, a running jacket, and a bucket load of socks and sports bras.

I have three legs to run, and I do not want to sit in the van and let everyone suffer from my stinky butt :).

This is a pretty casual trip so I just brought one pair of jeans and two t-shirts.PJ’s too of course.

monday 113

I will probably bring more socks, I hate sweaty socks!

monday 114

It all fit perfectly in my Endurance Running Bag (I love this bag, and no this is not an endorsement it was a gift from my Mom). 

monday 120

I had dinner cooking all day in the crock pot. 

monday 123monday 122

Thanks to the Taste Master Program from Foodbuzz I got to flavor my chicken with Emril’s All Natural Rub, and also flavor my veggies and sweet potatoes with his Original Recipe. 

 monday 119

I had planned all week to make BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches. When you bake the chicken in a crock pot the chicken is super easy to pull apart.

monday 124

I mixed half of my breast of chicken with 2 tbsp of Country Bob’s BBQ Sauce.

monday 126

I baked zucchinis and yellow squash in the oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, these are straight from our garden :). 

monday 115

I tossed one sweet potato with EVOO and Emeril’s Original Recipe Seasoning, “BAM!”.

monday 116

I topped one Arnold’s Thin with the shredded chicken and added a little goat cheese. 

monday 128

The veggies tasted so delicious! 

monday 129

Wow the Emeril’s seasoning really added a pop to these SP Fries. WOW!

monday 130

All together now. 

monday 131

I also had my last TJ’s Sparkling Lime Mineral Water I bought for the beach.  These are the best sparkling waters I have ever had, I think I am addicted! Bosco was trying to steal the show :).

monday 132

Ok Ok Ok, I will tell you all what the great exciting news is!! NO I AM NOT PREGO!!

A while back I had been trying to seek out a Cross-Country Coach position and I hadn’t heard anything all summer so I kind of gave up. Well Friday the Principal at a local High School called me and not only did she ask me if I would be the Cross-Country Coach but she also asked if I would like to be the Athletic Director for their school!! The best part is, is that it’s only 10 hours a week and I can work from home. I get to make the cross-county schedule so we can run whenever I want :). I ran cross-counrty for four years in High School and loved it, this is seriously my DREAM JOB!!!

School starts in 3 weeks and the students haven’t run at all yet!!! Are their any cross-country coaches out there that might be willing to send me their running schedule and any other tips?!!!

I am super excited, but I have a lot of work to do, the extra money is the biggest blessing EVER. Well I need to get on researching about being an Athletic Director :)

Have a great evening, and please if you have any advice send it my way!!!

43 comments:

Tammy said...

OK, I admit I did think you were announcing a pregnancy! But this is super great too! :) Congrats. You are PERFECT for that position! The kids and staff are lucky to have you!

Have a great trip!

Leianna said...

Food = amazing, but Cross Country coach is WOW news. Congrats and look forward to what you will be doing exactly. I never ran cross country, but got recuited/bothered all the time by coaches in h.s. and college because they knew I was a runner!
Have fun and God bless!

Island Girl Eats said...

Congratulations! That is great news. I am sure that the kids will love you!

Your dinner looked pretty delicious!

Lisa said...

Bobbi, I get the best meal ideas from you... thanks for posting your dinner. I just found bulgar wheat at Safeway of all places and will be making the Chicken Tabbouleh this week and now I have another meal to try thanks to you!

Congrats on the new job. Isn't it so nice how things just happen like that? Good luck, I'm sure you will do well and they are super lucky to have you.

p.s. I though you were PG too :)

Sheri said...

Ha I thought you were going to say that you were pregnant too! But really Congratulations on the new job..you are going to do great!

Dinner looked delish too!

just me said...

omg i should totally get you in touch with my old cross country couch! he's doesn't couch anymore but i know he loved it immensely. lets put it this way, he both the girls and boys teams to state several years in a row, and they ranked pretty high!!!

See you on WEDNESDAY!!!!

Amy said...

Congrats on your coaching and AD positions...that's awesome!

Kinda crazy they haven't run all summer...so what I would do is tell them that this year is just to focus on getting their mileage in and having fun. We started our beginner girls out running 12-14 miles a week, and the older girls at 16. Then did the 10% increase for about a month and a half, and now we're hanging around 30 miles a week...but I think beginner high schoolers can totally do fine with 20miles a week, with one or two days of speedwork. (But not right away, of course!)

Let me know if you would like me to send you our schedule. We divided the team into four groups based on experience and their mileage base from track.

Marissa {sparkles and fate} said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buffmuffy said...

lol for a second there i thought you were announcing that you weren't preggers after a scare or something lol. i didn't even think about the title til i saw that lol.
the squash and fries look so yummy! :) i hope you have fun on the relay!
and grats on the dream job! WOO HOO!
-muffy

She-Fit said...

Congrats on the job! I'm so happy for you!

Mica said...

Congratulations! That's an awesome position for you!

Lauren said...

Oh My. GoSH!!!!! What wonderful news!

Bobbi, that is fantastic, I am so happy for you.

You deserve this, you truly do and I am so thrilled that things in your life are going so well right now.

What a great weekend you had. Great freinds, fun and ending it with a nice productive Sunday. Those are the very best.

Can't wait to hear more about this amazing job opportunity. I couldn't imagine a more perfect position for a perfect lady!
:)

D10 said...

What a great new opportunity! You are going to be such a great coach and AD. Congratulations.

Eve said...

Congratulations!! That sounds like so much fun - I'm sure you will absolutely love the new job. Good luck doing the research and preparing.

Taylor said...

Your news is so exciting! Thats great you can still work from home and kindof come up with your own hours. I am a teacher, but I always thought being a cheerleading coach on the side would always be so much fun! I can't wait to hear more about your new job :)

Oh and my parents just came back from Colorado, and I don't think it was that cold. They said it was in the 70's and wonderful weather!

Runeatrepeat said...

Congrats on the new job!!! I have always wanted to coach a running team, but I would stick with younger kids since I'm so slow :)

Mrs. LC said...

Whooo so exciting!!! I'm so happy for you. :) You're going to be awesome and I'm sure the kids are going to love you!

Jessica said...

Congrats on the dream job! :)

Tami said...

wow! i think you need to remember how it is to be a student athlete and keep that in the back of your mind. be FAIR! hold on to the rules that you set up, not in school then no game for you (even if it's the star athlete or whatever) can you tell I had some issues??

Quinn said...

Congrats! That sounds like it is totally up your alley!

marathonmaiden said...

i'll just parrot what everyone is saying and that an xc coach is PERFECT for you! congrats!

Andrea (Off Her Cork) said...

Woootty woot!! Bobbi that's awesome! How exciting!

Fitnessista said...

congratulations on your new job! that is SO exciting!!! you'll be perfect for that :D

Lacey Nicole said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's huge!!!!!!!!!! clearly all your talent + enthusiasm does NOT go unnoticed!!!!!! congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam (Highway to Health) said...

I thought you were prego too. Congrats on your new postition. You will be great at it! The kids will be very lucky to have you! Enjoy!!

Niki said...

Congrats on the new job!! That sounds awesome and so fun!! You will be a GREAT coach!!

Kate said...

That indeed does sound like a dream job. You'll be perfect at it and it will add a whole new dimension of busy to life.

Good luck on the WWR too, what an incredible challenge. I look forward to your recap.

brandi said...

Bobbi, that is SO exciting!!! that sounds like an awesome side job for you and something that you will truly enjoy.

eatingbirdfood said...

Congrats! So excited that you getting your dream job!

Danielle C. said...

Congrats on the job, that sounds amazing!

Texan Couture said...

Congrats! That is so exciting to do what you love for work!

Angie Eats Peace said...

That sounds like a great opportunity! Congrats!

allijag said...

Congrats on the dream job! That's awesome!!!!

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Yay, yay, yay! What awesome news! I love being a running coach and I think you will be an amazing CC coach!!! Go you!

Sullivan said...

congrats on the job!! I owe a lot to my cross country coach from high school for running with me as I was not "the fastest one on the team." My Team in Training coach was also a cross country and track coach. You will do great!

Jeri said...

Crap! You're already packed?!?! I have to do some mondo laundry tonight so I can pack tomorrow after work. I do have a very thorough packing list, so maybe I'm not as far behind as I thought.

Congrats on the new job!!

Liz @ in the skinny said...

Such great news about the cross country job! I ran cross country my last 2 years in high school and really enjoyed it - it made high school so much more fun. Congrats!

RunToFinish said...

I started packing too and was like holy crap what do I really bring...so man yoptions!!

way to go on the job! You are having an amazing year, I think it's the great attitude!

healthy ashley said...

Congrats about the new job! It does sound like the perfect thing for you!

Natalie M. said...

Congrats Bobbi!!

I wish you all the best... the kids are lucky to have you. Its wonderful to see someone leading a healthy and active lifestyle paying it forward and passing the knowledge onto a younger generation. Keep up the fantastic work :)

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
might , perhaps curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may start earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://lovokucoh.100freemb.com/nemymi.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
might , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://uvafuqow.1accesshost.com/utybevir.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I started take up real money.
It's all about how to choose a proper companion who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I have to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]